My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no signal sky news

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ferrylass

We have a HDR 1000s freetime+ box which has been loosing its signal on the Sky News channel for a while now. We also have an old sky box which we use in a bedroom upstairs connected to the same satellite dish and there is no problem on it. No other channels seem to be affected by the problem, only Sky News and it doesn't happen all the time. It will suddenly start to pixilate then it disappears and says there is no signal or signal strength too weak. Any ideas please.

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 12:41:57 #1 |
  2. woodz

woodz

1. Are the cables screwed into the back ok in the box?
    2. Check the signal strength on the box by going into settings/Signal (I think)

If the cables look OK, but the signal is low then I guess it might be an issue at the LNB end.

I used to get the odd breakup of channels when I had my SKY box, when I installed my Freesat box the F-Connectors fell off both cables. Since refitting the connectors I have had no issue since.

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 13:01:23 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If the issues returns.try disconnecting the Sky unit from the mains to see if the signal returns.

Also check Pick UK as this should have the same problem.

Loosing a single frequency implies the LNB is functioning correctly and points to a local RF source. Is there any equipment near the unit, Especially DECT phones and wireless routers?

| Wed 12 Aug 2015 14:54:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ferrylass

Thank you both for the replies. No problem with the cables, already checked that but I do have my BT home hub next to Humax box. Its always been there and its only recently I've had the problem with Sky News going off so not sure if it could be causing it. I suppose I could try moving it and see if it helps. I have recently added an Apple TV box to the collection. Does anyone know if it could be causing the issue?

| Sat 15 Aug 2015 22:50:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ferrylass

REPASSAC- Sky just went off again . Checked Pick TV and it is also off. Does this mean that it may be a problem with the LNB or an RF poblem. Thanks

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 9:47:25 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ferrylass - 59 minutes ago  » 
    REPASSAC- Sky just went off again . Checked Pick TV and it is also off. Does this mean that it may be a problem with the LNB or an RF poblem. Thanks

Unlikely to be the lnb. If you turn off the power to the router do you get the channels back ? Also try any other kit like a cordless phone close to the box.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 10:48:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.