My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No signal to TV when 5000 is powered on

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    the signal strength will vary with Mux and also some use reduced power. No aerial has a completely flat gain curve with frequency. To test the second tuner on the same MUX you will need firstly to set two recordings on the same mux to fully utilise tuner 1 and then view a 3rd channel on the same mux.
    Try recording BBC 1 - HD 101, BBC - 2 HD and then tune to one of the remaining PSB 3 channels 103, 104 or 105,
    What signal strength is now shown ? incidentally if a steady 100% quality is shown the signal strength is irrelevant.

When recording various channels and watching another, the signal strength on each tuner is 87%, 73% and 43% respectively, quality on each is 100%, so from what you've said all is fine

| Mon 3 Sep 2018 22:38:45 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giskard - 8 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    the signal strength will vary with Mux and also some use reduced power. No aerial has a completely flat gain curve with frequency. To test the second tuner on the same MUX you will need firstly to set two recordings on the same mux to fully utilise tuner 1 and then view a 3rd channel on the same mux.
    Try recording BBC 1 - HD 101, BBC - 2 HD and then tune to one of the remaining PSB 3 channels 103, 104 or 105,
    What signal strength is now shown ? incidentally if a steady 100% quality is shown the signal strength is irrelevant.

When recording various channels and watching another, the signal strength on each tuner is 87%, 73% and 43% respectively, quality on each is 100%, so from what you've said all is fine

The signal levels you quote don't really tell us much without knowing which channels (or rather the MUX) you were using at the time.

Without knowing this no way to see if the 43% is purely a low power Mux (eg Com 7 or COM 8).

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 7:17:14 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giskard

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 
    The signal levels you quote don't really tell us much without knowing which channels (or rather the MUX) you were using at the time.
    Without knowing this no way to see if the 43% is purely a low power Mux (eg Com 7 or COM 8).

Recording on BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD and watching ITV HD only tuner one was being used so I started a recording on C4HD and switched channel to one of the more obscure ones, which I'd guess is the one tuned on the third tuner.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 7:25:35 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giskard - 9 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

Recording on BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD and watching ITV HD only tuner one was being used so I started a recording on C4HD and switched channel to one of the more obscure ones, which I'd guess is the one tuned on the third tuner.

Not sure recording two from same Mux and watching a 3rd even from same mux is possible using only one tuner. Not at home so can't check till Thursday.

Two recordings tuner 1, ITV HD View and Record CH 4 HD tuner 2 and obscure viewed tuner 3. Unit will record up to 4 channels across two MUX.

Tuner 1 and 2 should have same signal strength as only 1 Mux is used.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 16:50:23 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

In my days when working on Canberra & "V" bombers the way to cut cross talk was to disconnect on end of the screen to stop circulating currents.
    If there was this much of a problem with bog standard co-ax I'm sure there would be much more Hoo-Ha about it

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 17:33:33 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.