My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No sound after fast forward & playback issues

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

Hi and thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Replied to a post in a prior thread but thought I'd start a start a separate thread. My Mother-in-Law has an Aura Uhd which appears to be displaying the following two issues:

- Intermittent jumping back to the start of a recorded programme after being on pause for 5 mins or so, often multiple times on the same programme
    - No sound after fast forwarding through adverts on recorded programmes (she never watches live TV)

The box had auto updated to the latest version with no improvement. I have also done a factory reset (and again ensured it was running the latest software version) which has not helped. There are no additional apps running out with of those you are asked to install on initial boot e.g. iplayer, itv hub etc.

Are these issues anything that are recognised problems, or is the box likely to be faulty?

Many thanks, Dan

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 18:22:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

_dbw_ - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi and thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
    Replied to a post in a prior thread but thought I'd start a start a separate thread. My Mother-in-Law has an Aura Uhd which appears to be displaying the following two issues:
    - Intermittent jumping back to the start of a recorded programme after being on pause for 5 mins or so, often multiple times on the same programme
    - No sound after fast forwarding through adverts on recorded programmes (she never watches live TV)
    The box had auto updated to the latest version with no improvement. I have also done a factory reset (and again ensured it was running the latest software version) which has not helped. There are no additional apps running out with of those you are asked to install on initial boot e.g. iplayer, itv hub etc.
    Are these issues anything that are recognised problems, or is the box likely to be faulty?
    Many thanks, Dan

Is your Mother In law switching to a different channel to the one being used while the box is paused ?

Whick keys is she using to skip adverts ? What setting does she have for instant replay and forward skip ?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 18:37:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

Hi Graham, thanks for responding. I would need to check the settings this weekend, but re the other points:

- she uses what I would describe as the normal fast forward button (two triangles) at the top of the remote
    - she doesn't try and switch channels that I have seen, everything is recorded content that she watches. She genuinely never, ever watches live TV!

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 18:57:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

_dbw_ - 19 mins ago  » 
    Hi Graham, thanks for responding. I would need to check the settings this weekend, but re the other points:
    - she uses what I would describe as the normal fast forward button (two triangles) at the top of the remote
    - she doesn't try and switch channels that I have seen, everything is recorded content that she watches. She genuinely never, ever watches live TV!

The skip buttons are either side of OK. The left button skips backward according to the instant replay settings. The right button skips forward according to the forward skip setting.

These settings are the ones I use. - 15 seconds and + 60 seconds.

Here's what I do. ITV ad breaks are generally 2 or 4 mins. If she watches the Chase, The first ad is 2 mins the rest are 4 mins or so.

When the ad break appears press the right button twice, if the ads still appear press it another twice. If you see the the programme press the back button once or twice until you see the last ad. You get to recognise the sponsor screens. If you see this you are a few seconds from the programme resuming.

It becomes second nature after a while. Suspect it takes while after using the fast forward keys to resynch the audio with the video.

The same system is used on earlier Humax pvrs and it works really well.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 19:32:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

Yes, I have shown her those buttons to fast forward before as I stumbled upon them. The thing is though this isn't just a few seconds of delays, she ends up having to rewind the programne back to before she fast forwarded to get it to work. My wife believes she has left it running for a period of time (e.g. minutes or so) to see if the sound would come back normally and it hasn't.

I take it this isn't a common issue. It doesn't feel like a hardware issue in my mind though, which is why I hoped a software update would have helped.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 19:47:57 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

_dbw_ - 39 secs ago  » 
    Yes, I have shown her those buttons to fast forward before as I stumbled upon them. The thing is though this isn't just a few seconds of delays, she ends up having to rewind the programne back to before she fast forwarded to get it to work. My wife believes she has left it running for a period of time (e.g. minutes or so) to see if the sound would come back normally and it hasn't.
    I take it this isn't a common issue. It doesn't feel like a hardware issue in my mind though, which is why I hoped a software update would have helped.

Without appropriate user settings which are not altered by a software update it will not help. The settings were introduced in a recent update I forget which and what the defaults where.

The new public update dates from the 12th of this month. Suggest you set the settings as per my above post. It works 100% for me with the latest update.

As I never use fast forward no idea (no need) I do not know,. If it is still an issue. If it is you would need to report if a HD channel or SD one. The Audio codec used is different for SD and HD channels.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 19:58:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

Graham, thanks for your help. I will alter the settings this weekend and see if it helps the fast forward issue. They will be whatever the default is currently. I know it was SD content as she didn't know how to set HD recordings up previously...

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 20:04:16 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.