My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

no sound and lost resolution

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalby

hi would really appreciate some help on this , i purchase a preowned humax hdr 1000s box from a well known company,set it up and worked fine but next morning switched on tv and box and there was no sound and the resolution had also changed from 1080p to 576i so went into settings picture and sound
    and the 1080p was greyed out and couldn't be changed so did a factory reset but during set up when it gives you the option to choose resolution it was only giving me the option 5761 or 720p (no 1080i or 1080p) but carried on with set up anyway just to see if i could change it again after set up but still couldn't(greyed out again) and still no sound, tried 4 different hdmi cables and a different input on tv but still the same problem, yet all my other devices fire stick, bluray player were fine and in 1080p. I looked on here and found someone having a similar resolution problem and mentioned that they unplugged all devices and tv for 30 mins then everything was fine so i tried that yesterday and bingo it was back in 1080p and the sound was back and the resolution in settings wasn't greyed out this time worked perfectly again but then again this morning turned on the tv and it was back to the low resolution with no sound again and greyed out again in the resolution settings.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 8:08:37 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The two resolutions you were offered is the result of a handshake between the TV and the HDR-1000S (can you confirm that it is a HDR-1000S as you have posted in the HB-1000S thread).

If you turn off the TV for five minutes with the HDR-1000S in standby does this also fix the issue?

I suspect the missing sound (on the TV?) is down to the TV wrongly detecting a different flavour of PAL. Does restarting the TV also solve this?

| Thu 16 Aug 2018 8:31:38 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One further thought on the sound issue - what audio settings do you have on your Humax unit? If set to multi-channel try changing to stereo.

What is your TV brand and model?

| Thu 16 Aug 2018 10:20:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalby

Thanks for your reply. yes it is the HDR 1000s and i have turned the tv off for 5mins and left the box in standby but it doesn't fix the problem, i have also tried the sound setting to stereo but still no sound i tried it on 2 tvs my main tv is panasonic TX50A400B,it only resolved the problem when i turned off box and tv from mains for 30mins or so but the next night i unplugged them all night thinking it would work the next morning but i was back to no sound and low resolution again and the resolution option was greyed out again, i tried the factory reset a few times on both tvs but what i did notice is that sometimes when doing a fresh set up the resolution option at the start was only giving me 2 choices the highest only being 720p (this happened on both tvs) but then trying another reset it would give me the 1080p choice at start up so a fresh set up would be different every time, i have decided to return the box now cos surely the box has a fault especially trying it on 2 tvs and different hdmi cables thanks

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 7:55:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalby

oops! didn't realize i posted it in the wrong thread

Admin edit: No problem soon moved to correct area

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 8:16:01 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.