My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound from HDR-2000T

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

Turned on our HDR-2000T today and there's no sound. Picture is there whether live TV or recorded. I tried another HDMI socket on the TV (Sony KLD-32W705C). I don't have any other HDMI connected devices. Our DVD player is scart connected and OK.

How can I tell where or what the problem is?

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 21:32:17 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What channel was the box on when you booted it ? Did you try changing to a SD channel ?

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 21:48:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

We don't tend to use HD and I can't remember which channel it was on. But I did switch between HD then back to SD to see if there was the same problem....there was.
    Looking at digitalspy people talked about needing to unplug the Humax and reconnect it to re-establish the sound. To my surprise, it worked! People also talk of needing to do this often. I put the Humax back into standby then on again and for now anyway the sound was still there. Seems there is some sort of fault that Humax need to fix, perhaps with a software update.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 23:33:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

pseudonym - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Seems there is some sort of fault that Humax need to fix, perhaps with a software update.

There is, but Humax don't accept the fault is theirs, so don't expect it to be solved.

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 0:00:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

colirv - There is, but Humax don't accept the fault is theirs, so don't expect it to be solved.

Poor show. But thanks for the confirmation. How does one get Humax to listen to these things? And Act?

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 0:27:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes its seems a lot of people getting this problem including myself. If you are not recording try turning it off at the wall for a couple of minutes that normally works, or connect to the TV via A/V or scart connection when this happens, as the sound is unaffected through these outputs. Hope this helps.

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 13:34:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

More often than not I can cure it simply by putting both Humax and TV on standby, then switching back on in the correct order - TV, then Humax. Saves switching off at the wall. It also cures the occasional problem of switching the TV input to Humaz and finding a blank, as well as silent, screen.

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 16:28:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougF

I had this today. Pulled the plug for 10 seconds or so, switched it back on and all fine. How humax can claim this is not their problem I have no idea!

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 23:24:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

If any of you has a passive aerial splitter try using it instead of loop-through and make sure your TV uses its own Freeview tuner when you first switch it on. Once switched on then you can select the 2000T

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 23:42:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

pseudonym

Faust - 37 minutes ago  » 
    If any of you has a passive aerial splitter try using it instead of loop-through and make sure your TV uses its own Freeview tuner when you first switch it on. Once switched on then you can select the 2000T

To use a passive splitter, do you just use the splitter to make the into Humax and out to TV connections, without using the Humax RF output?

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 0:24:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.