My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound from HDR-2000T

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

pseudonym - 6 hours ago  » 

Faust - 37 minutes ago  » 
    If any of you has a passive aerial splitter try using it instead of loop-through and make sure your TV uses its own Freeview tuner when you first switch it on. Once switched on then you can select the 2000T

To use a passive splitter, do you just use the splitter to make the into Humax and out to TV connections, without using the Humax RF output?

Yes, aerial in and either 1/2/3/4 feeds out direct into equipment.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 5:44:05 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would be interested to see the outcome of this test as I know it caused issues for me originally. A couple of months ago I tried switching back i.e. using the Humax to loop through. I immediately started getting the same issues again when the Humax came out of standby i.e. sound drop outs and momentary picture pixelation to the TVs own Freeview tuner.

It's definitely a handshake issue (with my set up) but using the passive splitter solved my problems completely.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 11:28:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes we have two Humax 2000T boxes, with the same problem and had to do the same with a splitter. I don't understand why its only Humax that has this problem, as I have had, and still got other makes of freeview recorders, and as never had this problem before, you would think Humax has been making recorders for years, surely they should have got it right by now. The only snag I found with splitters is they drops the signal down a lot to the Humax and TV so I have to buy a TV Arial amp, and now it works fine.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 13:34:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have not seen any drop off in either signal strength or quality to the 2000T or our TV by using a passive splitter. Having said that, where we live we'd get a great TV signal even if we used a tea spoon.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 16:42:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

myducksoup

I have a Sony smart Tv and Humax. I had a problem with it coming on with no sound. I did a factory reset which uses 1080i. I had previously used 1080p which I think conflicted with the Sony Bravia.

I suggest that you Do Not use 1080p as a preference on the Humax

| Wed 24 Feb 2016 17:13:31 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

There's little to be gained from using 1080p in any event.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 9:54:57 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

briannew

To add my two-penny worth:
    My 2000T has the same sort of intermittent fault:
    Quite often poor (weak, tinny) sound, sometimes no sound at all.
    Most often happens first thing in the morning, or late at night!
    Always difficult to deal with occasional problems...

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 16:59:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

I have similar problem using 2000T and Sony Bravia.

The problem lies with the HDMI connection. No problem when connected via scart.

When using HDMI, always switch on and boot up the TV before switching on the 2000T

No problem using other (Cheaper) brand of TV.

Vin Blanc

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 13:56:56 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

briannew - 1 day ago  » 
    To add my two-penny worth:
    My 2000T has the same sort of intermittent fault:
    Quite often poor (weak, tinny) sound, sometimes no sound at all.
    Most often happens first thing in the morning, or late at night!
    Always difficult to deal with occasional problems...

The 2000T does not have internal speakers tinny or otherwise? I would look elsewhere to solve that issue.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 15:26:36 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kordaleman

Hi All,
    I have a 200T and have had a series of problems with no sound. I have it connected to a Sony Bravia tv through an hdmi cable and often would get no sound through the Humax, whilst it was ok through the tv direct,though cabled through the Humax. I used to have to power it all down sometimes from the wall socket and then restart switching the tv on first, setting to hdmi then switching on the Humax. Then I got no sound on hd but ok on sd, now I get no sound on either. I read one of these posts which suggested connecting to the tv via a Scart cable, which has worked. I now have the humax connected via both hdmi and a Scart cable and it seems to have solved the problem. At least it is working qt the moment, but it is early days. It is a really wierd problem and one that looks like a #humax software/hardware issue. Very frustrating.

| Sat 13 Oct 2018 19:21:16 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.