My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No Sound through HDMI Humax 1010S

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobDelamare

I bought this unit 10 days ago to replace a previous model; to use the wi-fi rather than ethernet of the past and pick up the Freeview+ or Youview service.

I took out the old unit and replaced it with this using the same dish connections and HDMI lead.

It picked up the 2 satellite feeds and reported them as 90% signal and 100% quality. It found the 200 odd programme channels. It found my router and connected.

Selecting a broadcast channel I got a brilliant picture but no sound. Checking through the forums such as this gave me some hints as to the problem which I eliminated; tried changing the HDMI lead, the HDMI port on the TV, changing the Audio settings on both TV and this box. No luck.

I took it back to Currys, who replaced it without quibble. BUT the new unit is exactly the same, all the above but no sound.

I have spent the whole week back and forth with Humax support, once I found the right email address (there are 2 on the website) and wrote snail mail to the Customer Services Director.

I tried connecting to another TV, no luck, and at Humax suggestion, disabled HDMI CEC (Viera Link on this Panasonic TV). Nothing has worked except taking out the HDMI and using a Scart lead instead.

Now the old unit is back in place and I have taken the 1010S back to Currys for a refund.

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 16:54:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Under... Settings/Picture and Sound ...what settings did you have?
    Two boxes in succession with same problem. Very unusual. Points to a problem of interfacing with your TV.

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 20:53:48 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you try viewing SD and HD channels ?. Did you try turning up the box volume using the box remote control volume adjustment (The default is very quiet) ? Did you try changing the digital audio out option in settings - Picture and Sound from Multi-Channel to Stereo ?

Has your TV got any other kit connected by HDMI like a DVD/Blu-ray player and you get audio ?

| Sun 12 Jul 2015 11:13:31 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.