My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound when returning to TV

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Change the sound output on the Humax to stereo and the TV sound option to Standard and (if you have additional settings page) DTV Audio Setting to Auto.
    But remember to be in "live TV" on the LG before accessing the settings page because a lot of the options are input/output specific.

| Fri 25 Feb 2022 9:47:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

StuartZ - 5 days ago  » 
    Sometimes after using the Humax, either to watch a recording or to schedule another recording, when I return to the TV (an LG 43UK6950PLB.AEK) there is no sound. As soon as I change channel the sound returns.
    The devices are connected using HDMI and this problems occurs on both of the HDMI ports on the TV.
    Has anyone else had this problem and do they know a solution.

In my earlier post I attempted to explain that although there were a lot of posts with 1800T/2000T owners that use to have a sound issue that these weren't the same as yours.

With your different issue the TV knows that it is supposed to be on a TV channel from its own tuner as it is showing the correct picture, but it has failed to successfully switch the sound. Although the Humax may have somehow confused your TV, this does indicate that there is an issue with the TV itself.

Some LG TVs apparently have had a similar issue when switching from using the Netflix app to switching to watching a channel using the TVs own tuner. The resolution was for LG to issue software updates for those LG TVs.
    For your TV the latest available software is version 05.40.26.

If your TV info menus show that it is not using Version 05.40.26 then that is the first fix you should try.

After that you could attempt an audio reset for channels from the TV tuner. I don't that this will change many of your personal preferences because I'm guessing that you haven't previously adjusted much as you stated that you were having volume differences between sources. To access the menu you will need to be watching a channel using the LG TV's own tuner, then using the LG TV remote press the mute button 3 times in quick succession.

You haven't mentioned if your using a soundbar or surround system. That could also be causing the issue. If not, and you haven't tried it already, then don't forget SSThing's suggestion of ensuring that the TV is set to stereo/standard.

A further option is trying a reset of the TV. Unfortunately that means setting up your TV from scratch including re-signing into the various TV apps.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 20:16:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

Given that it is a sound problem I find it somewhat insulting that you ask whether I have a sound bar (which I assume produces the sound). I would have to be fairly dumb to not mention a sound bar. (And "your" is spelt "you're".)
    The tv version is 05.40.26. (I have automatic update turned on.)
    Given that I did not have this problem with my previous pvr I strongly suspect that it is the Humax that is at fault.
    I have made the changes suggested by SSThing, but have not played anything from the Humax since then so do not know if it has had any affect.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 21:10:11 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Stuart, there are about half a dozen people on here who's advice should be heeded and Luke is very much in that group.
    There's no point getting offended because he asked about the soundbar, just take a look at the "Welcome to the forums!" section to see how many people request help but don't even bother to mention which Humax they own, let alone whether they have other devices connected.
    Sometimes these kind of frustrating issues (such your sound) often have a very simple solution but diagnosis is a pain.

| Sun 27 Feb 2022 18:41:52 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

The problem is now resolved. I am still using Lindy connector, but I suspect that it was the change to the settings that made the difference.
    Thank you for your help.

| Sat 19 Mar 2022 20:29:23 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.