My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

"no storage device was detected" recording failures

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

eggybread

Hi
    I have a usb-powered 1TB disk attached to my HD Fox T2.
    I'm getting recording failures with the message as above, 'no storage device was detected'
    I know that the storage device is detected because I'm looking at the Media screen with my stuff on there that has been recorded.

My best guess is that the Humax is coming off standby to record a program, but the disk isnt spinning up quickly enough and missing a time-window where the Humax is looking for it to be there.

Does anybody know if this is the case, and if so, what I can do?

I am running the Custom Firmware v2.14 and maybe there is a plug-in for that that perhaps pre-wakes the Humax up a little before it actually wants to start recording, so that the usb is ready and recognised?

The disk itself was deep formatted in Windows to ext3 so I'm happy that its good, or at least, if there were any bad sectors that they have been marked off.

Thanks

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 14:14:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, can you instant record to the hard disc a few seconds after the box has booted ?

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 14:45:28 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 20 seconds ago  » 

Hi welcome to the forum, can you instant record to the hard disc a few seconds after the box has booted ?

The drive needs to be set up as the recording device from the menu options before it can be used for recording and time shifting. There was no need to format it externally.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 14:47:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

eggybread

Thanks Graham
    Yep, I've formatted using Humax before, but wanted to use PC as I think it would be more thorough at marking bad sectors etc.
    Have set if as the recording device of course.

I'll if I can record immediately upon coming out of standby as you suggest for a diagnostic.

I've changed this setting: System > Power Management > Power Saving in Standby > From On to Off

...and it has worked fine since then. No more of not finding the storage device.

Humax Support basically have a wallchart I think with the three fixes that are the only thing they have ever come up with for me:
    1) factory reset
    2) reformat disk
    3) manually retune stations (not auto-tune)
    They've never come up with anything more indepth or intelligent than that. IMHO they are a complete and utter waste of time.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 17:26:34 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.