My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

No subtitles on live SD channels

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

Has anyone else lost subtitles on live SD channels?

They are there on SD recording playback and live HD channels and on our Sony TV.

I’ve rebooted, turned subs on and off

Unfortunately we rely on them in our house

| Sat 14 Jan 2023 14:46:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Drewby - 24 mins ago  » 
    Has anyone else lost subtitles on live SD channels?
    They are there on SD recording playback and live HD channels and on our Sony TV.

I have just tested on my Aura and FVP-5000T. The Aura is showing sub-titles on live BBC content but not on the commercial channels I have tried. The FVP-5000T is showing sub-titles on the all the channels I have tested. I suggest you report the problem to Humax with details of which channels work and which don't. Also probably worth reporting to ITV.

| Sat 14 Jan 2023 15:28:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

screendj

Hi, I have the same issue on my Humax, no subtitles on live SD commercial channels. They work on recorded shows, on HD channels and on BBC 1&2 SD.

Is this likely to be easy to get working again?

| Fri 27 Jan 2023 16:40:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Just tried mine and have subtitles on the following SD channels

0001 0002 0003 011

So looks like the main three have them, but not on 0004 or 0005

HD channels seemed OK of what I checked.

| Fri 27 Jan 2023 17:31:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rob5072

Donor £

I have Humax Aura box I have the same issue no subtitles on commercial tv stations but ok on BBC channels... My Toshiba TV shows subtitles ok there and my other humax youview box shows subtitles ok..... i wonder if theres a software issue?

I am deaf i totally depend on subtitles too

| Wed 1 Feb 2023 13:01:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harters - 4 days ago  » 
    0001 0002 0003 011

I have just checked and I don't have subtitles on 0003 (ITV1 SD) on live TV but they are present on recordings. I receive from the Chesterfield transmitter. Could you check channel 0003 again please?

| Wed 1 Feb 2023 15:24:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rob5072 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have Humax Aura box I have the same issue no subtitles on commercial tv stations but ok on BBC channels... My Toshiba TV shows subtitles ok there and my other humax youview box shows subtitles ok..... i wonder if theres a software issue?

Clearly it is a software issue, the question is whether the broadcaster has changed something so that the meta data doesn't conform to the standard or whether the Humax can't cope with the change. Personally it doesn't bother me as most content I watch is recorded and the subtitles work. I suggest you report the problem to ITV and Humax. The more complaints they get, the more likely they are to do something about it.

| Wed 1 Feb 2023 15:30:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Martin Liddle - 18 hours ago  » 

Harters - 4 days ago  » 
    0001 0002 0003 011

I have just checked and I don't have subtitles on 0003 (ITV1 SD) on live TV but they are present on recordings. I receive from the Chesterfield transmitter. Could you check channel 0003 again please?

Apologies Martin, I have just double checked and I do not have them on 0003. I was trying so many I must have got confused. I hit record, then went straight into the library, pressed play and they are there. I tried pressing pause to see if they would appear whilst chase playing, but they do not, so only on an actual recordings.

I am Rowridge transmitter.

I only ever watch HD channels, rarely watch live content and never use subtitles, but this is not very good for those who rely on them. The only work around seems to hit record, then watch via the library.

| Thu 2 Feb 2023 9:55:38 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.