My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

no tv signal after installing HDR-FOX T 2

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

cannot get a signal after installing, any advice to help please?

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 12:51:04 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Do you mean using TV internal tuner, if so:

1. Have you connected a loop thru cable from the HDR T2 rf output to the TV.

2. RF loop thru only works if you have switched off power saving in standby on the HDR T2..

Menu
    Settings
    System
    Power Management

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 13:18:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Thanks for reply Barry, yes I have done all that before posting, still no TV, can only watch TV through the Humax?

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 13:54:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

holburn - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for reply Barry, yes I have done all that before posting, still no TV, can only watch TV through the Humax?

Could be faulty patch cable from Humax to TV. If you pull both coax connections from the Humax and connect together does the TV then work OK ?

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 14:33:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

sorry? can't understand what you mean.

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 16:30:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

holburn - 10 minutes ago  » 
    sorry? can't understand what you mean.

Graham is suggesting as a test you remove the aerial in and out leads from the Humax and connect them together so that the aerial feed goes direct to the TV. If that doesn't work then the problem must be the aerial lead from the Humax to the TV.

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 16:43:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

oh I see , yes if I put the aerial straight to tv the tv works as it should, I have tried to connect with hdmi cable nothing, also a scart still no signal to tv

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 16:59:48 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

holburn - 2 minutes ago  » 
    oh I see , yes if I put the aerial straight to tv the tv works as it should, I have tried to connect with hdmi cable nothing, also a scart still no signal to tv

Did you use both cables to connect the aerial to the TV, or just remove the aerial lead from the Humax and put it into the TV ? If you unplug both coax connections from the Humax they will plug into each other (one is male and the other female).

Have you got two coax cables one from the aerial to the Humax rf in and a second from the Humax rf out to the TV ?. Connecting by scart or hdmi will only let you see the Humax pictures. The TV's tuners need an aerial feed as well as the Humax tuners.

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 17:05:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

I have only one point on the tv to connect the aerial I have the aerial into the humax and out to the tv , when I connect both with either hdmi cable or a scart, I lose the signal to the tv

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 17:26:39 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

holburn - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I have only one point on the tv to connect the aerial I have the aerial into the humax and out to the tv , when I connect both with either hdmi cable or a scart, I lose the signal to the tv

Have you connected the two coax cables together as originally posted ?

Remove scart cable and hdmi cable.

Leave the coax cable from the box to the TV connected to the TV and unplug it from the Humax, unplug the aerial cable from the Humax and connect the two plugs together. Can you use the TV. Now re-connect the two cables to the Humax. Can you still use the TV ? Boot up the box, can you still use the TV ?

Put the box in sby. Connect up the hdmi cable and boot the box. Can you now see the Humax picture, if so the TV is auto selecting the hdmi port. To watch the TV you have to select the TV tuners. Power down the box, remove the hdmi cable and connect a scart cable. Power up the box, can you see the Humax, power down the box can you use the TV.

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 17:50:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.