My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

no tv signal after installing HDR-FOX T 2

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martinonline

holburn,

I have joined today because I am concerned that you are being misunderstood and, like all of the people here, am keen to get you up and running with your system.

However, I am also aware that I may have completely misread your posts and got the wrong end of the stick.

My confusion arises because you use the words "signal" and TV together which, immediately, to me means the aerial signal. And yet you refer to the HDMI and SCART cables, which do have signals but of a different nature.

So, please, can you help me - just one more time - with a few simple questions. I apologise if that is frustrating and I am teaching you to suck eggs.

1. Can you confirm that you have a aerial coax cable from your aerial wall socket to your Humax aerial input and also one from the Humax aerial output to the TV.

2. Can you confirm you have connected the HDMI cable from the HUMAX HDMI socket to an HDMI socket on your TV.

3. With the Humax switched on and yout TV's input switched to the HDMI socket that the Humax is connected to, do you get a picture?

4. If you do not, is the lack of a picture the problem? If so can you press the V-Format button on the remote to cycle through the HDMI output resolutions.

5. If you do receive a picture, can you switch to your TV's own Tuner. Do you receive a picture?

6. If you don't, is that your problem?

7. If you do have a picture using the TV's internal Tuner, please swich off the Humax. Do you still receive a TV picture form the TV's internal Tuner?

8. If you do not receive a picture, is that your problem?

Please can you answer Yes/No alongside each number. this wil help to resolve your problem and, perhaps, save the aggravation of returning the box.

Martin

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 18:31:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Hi Martin, Thank you for all your suggestions, I have to leave for night duty now, but I will most gladly try everything you suggest and send you the answers tomorrow. Thanks Again.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 19:25:18 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martinonline - 2 hours ago  » 
    holburn,
    I have joined today because I am concerned that you are being misunderstood and, like all of the people here, am keen to get you up and running with your system.
    However, I am also aware that I may have completely misread your posts and got the wrong end of the stick.
    My confusion arises because you use the words "signal" and TV together which, immediately, to me means the aerial signal. And yet you refer to the HDMI and SCART cables, which do have signals but of a different nature.
    So, please, can you help me - just one more time - with a few simple questions. I apologise if that is frustrating and I am teaching you to suck eggs.
    1. Can you confirm that you have a aerial coax cable from your aerial wall socket to your Humax aerial input and also one from the Humax aerial output to the TV.
    2. Can you confirm you have connected the HDMI cable from the HUMAX HDMI socket to an HDMI socket on your TV.
    3. With the Humax switched on and yout TV's input switched to the HDMI socket that the Humax is connected to, do you get a picture?
    4. If you do not, is the lack of a picture the problem? If so can you press the V-Format button on the remote to cycle through the HDMI output resolutions.
    5. If you do receive a picture, can you switch to your TV's own Tuner. Do you receive a picture?
    6. If you don't, is that your problem?
    7. If you do have a picture using the TV's internal Tuner, please swich off the Humax. Do you still receive a TV picture form the TV's internal Tuner?
    8. If you do not receive a picture, is that your problem?
    Please can you answer Yes/No alongside each number. this wil help to resolve your problem and, perhaps, save the aggravation of returning the box.
    Martin

I wish you luck , the OP seems incapable of answering a simple series of questions.

Post 10 asked a number of questions. The response was

have connected everything as you said, now can see TV and not humax, am I missing something ?

Is it just me, that meant precisely nothing, which of the different connections suggested was he referring to ?. He then said the question was answered, which one ?

I did say I had a picture on tv after connecting the coax leads, I have tried each and every suggestion, eliminating each possible cause of failure

The OP said no such thing.

Based on what happened before, you will get no answers, simply it didn't work. Seems incapable of recognising that no one is saying it will work, merely trying to find out what does and does not work.

Am I alone in not having a clue about what the OP tried and what the result was for each combination ?

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 21:10:08 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martinonline

grahamlthompson, I find your post extremely unhelpful and derogatory and not in the best tradition of this useful Forum.

Many people who use forums for the first time are not as expert as you are and need help to find out exactly what the problem is.

holburn, I will send you a private message so if you wish to continue this investigation it can be done out of public view.

Martin

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 8:40:29 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

No Graham, you're not alone, I was struggling.

I could have only suggested asking a friend to take a second look and double check all the connections following Martin's suggestions, however that might be seen as patronising. I don't know what the answer is. We all want to help and these things can be frustrating for all involved.

There was a posting recently where the new box was clearly faulty, so hopefully when Holburn runs Martin's checks we'll have a better idea.

I've just seen Martin's reply, looks like a storm in a teacup is brewing. Hopefully this'll get sorted, but I'd be interested to know the outcome, i.e. what the problem was and how it was resolved so that all can benefit.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 9:03:33 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

1. confirm
    2.confirm
    3. tv has a picture while in tv mode as soon as I switch to the hdmi receiver on tv the humax switches off and will not switch on again, I removed the hdmi cable and replaced with a new one, same thing happened, I removed that hdmi cable and tried two different scarts, same thing~~ humax switched itself off, I have now connected the old humax PVR-9150T back to my tv and as before, it works perfectly, so I may be wrong, but I conclude I have bought a faulty box. if it is something I am doing wrong, then I would be so pleased to be guided, but without the veiled insinuation that I cannot understand simple instructions.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 10:37:03 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martinonline - 2 hours ago  » 
    grahamlthompson, I find your post extremely unhelpful and derogatory and not in the best tradition of this useful Forum.
    Many people who use forums for the first time are not as expert as you are and need help to find out exactly what the problem is.
    holburn, I will send you a private message so if you wish to continue this investigation it can be done out of public view.
    Martin

I give up, I have done nothing but try and help the poster. Tried to make the steps to identify the problem as simple as possible and asked what happened at each stage. This information was not posted. I now see the poster has provided some details that bear no resemblance to the original problem as described anyway. Apparently his pvr switches off when connected to his TV by HDMI. Rather late in the day to mention this don't you think ?

As to the original issue, if the OP displays the signal strength and quality his TV gets when directly connected and compares it with the aerial routed by the pvr (both with the box on and in sby). And posts this information we could safely say whether the rf loop amp in the box is faulty.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 10:54:24 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Thanks for all help given, box being packed up and sent back to manufacturer, I really do pity anyone else who asks for help from this forum, at my age I take great exception to being classed as stupid
    Will not be bothering you, and your exceptional knowledge again.
    but I am not without manners, so Thanks again for trying.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 11:22:43 #28 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Agree with Graham, replies are confusing which is why I took no further part.

As OP now returning the unit, no point in thread remaining open.

I also take great exception to the comment re this forum.

Thread closed.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 12:15:04 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.