My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

no tv signal after installing HDR-FOX T 2

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Thanks for all the trouble you are taking to help me, I have to go to work now ( nights) so I will try your suggestion in the morning, will let you know how I get on, Thanks again

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 19:19:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

I have tried all the suggestions and can only watch TV through my humax, before, when I had the old model humax, they both worked independently of each other, I am at a loss what to do other than send this useless expensive box back to the manufacturer, I have tried everything I can think of

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 12:36:20 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

holburn - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I have tried all the suggestions and can only watch TV through my humax, before, when I had the old model humax, they both worked independently of each other, I am at a loss what to do other than send this useless expensive box back to the manufacturer, I have tried everything I can think of

If you answer the questions asked then might be able to help.

Eg

Leave the coax cable from the box to the TV connected to the TV and unplug it from the Humax, unplug the aerial cable from the Humax and connect the two plugs together. Can you use the TV ?

You could always fit a aerial splitter before the box and give the box and TV a separate feed. That way you can turn power saving back on again.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 12:55:28 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

have connected everything as you said, now can see TV and not humax, am I missing something ?

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 13:23:30 #14 |
  5. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

holburn - 31 minutes ago  » 
    have connected everything as you said, now can see TV and not humax, am I missing something ?

I'm not totally convinced that you have understood everything you've been asked to do. Try this:

1. Aerial lead straight into TV - nothing into Humax. Make sure that "digital TV" is selected on the TV's input menu rather than HDMI or SCART. Does the TV tuner work? If so, the aerial is ok.

2. Aerial lead and fly-lead connected end to end, with the male end of the fly-lead plugged into the TV. "Digital TV" selected on TV. Nothing into the Humax. Does the TV tuner work? If so, the fly-lead is ok.

3. Aerial into the Humax. Female end of fly-leed into Humax RF-out socket, male end into TV. "Digital TV" selected on TV. Make sure that the Humax is turned on. Does the TV tuner then work? If it doesn't - but 1 and 2 above are ok - it suggests that the Humax's RF-out (aerial loop-through) socket is duff)

You have GOT a fly lead, haven't you? [i.e. a short piece of co-ax aerial cable with a male co-ax plug on one end and a female plug on the other end] Your previous references to SCART and HDMI make me wonder!

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 14:10:54 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Thanks to all for help, but I can do WITHOUT SARCASM!! of course I have a fly lead! wont trouble you any more, sending back unit. but Thanks to all who tried to help.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 14:16:10 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

holburn - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks to all for help, but I can do WITHOUT SARCASM!!

Please don't shout. The problem is that you are not good at describing exactly what you are doing which makes it difficult for the people attempting to assist.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 16:13:37 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

apologies for shouting, but I am so exasperated, I do understand everything I have been advised to do, I DO know what a fly lead is, I have been trying to get this item to recognise my tv for two days , and, after trying all your kind suggestions, have to conclude I have bought a faulty item, there is no other explanation

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 16:26:36 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

holburn - 9 minutes ago  » 
    apologies for shouting, but I am so exasperated, I do understand everything I have been advised to do, I DO know what a fly lead is, I have been trying to get this item to recognise my tv for two days , and, after trying all your kind suggestions, have to conclude I have bought a faulty item, there is no other explanation

You have hold of the wrong end of the stick. Take my post which wasn't a suggestion to get the box working, but a series of logical tests to ascertain what the problem is likely to be (hence the question marks). The chances of the box rf out port being faulty is pretty remote.

Still not a clue if the first test connecting the two coax leads in series to feed the TV actually produced a picture on the TV. Without this key piece of information the problem could simply be down to a faulty coax patch cable. Having eliminated that as the problem which so far we haven't, the other questions if answered would have helped to get to the bottom of the problem.

There are a few possible answers, for instance it's not unknown for a poorly screened hdmi cable to knock out some Freeview channels. Running the box without a hdmi cable would eliminate this one.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 16:44:35 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

holburn

Thanks for all help but I think we are going round in circles, you say you still have no clue about the result of connecting two coax leads? I answered that in my post before you concluded I didn't understand what I was being asked to do, I did say I had a picture on tv after connecting the coax leads, I have tried each and every suggestion, eliminating each possible cause of failure. I won't take up any more of your valuable time, as I said I will return this expensive useless box back from whence it came, thanks for trying.

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 17:44:21 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.