My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No TV whilst recording

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tuffdisc

Graham, you will see that I have posted with the same behaviour and I will answer your questions in the same order.
    1)Yes I am connected and tuned in into Freeview via the tele tuner.
    2) If i press the record button on the foxsat whilst watching a program it records that program and I can switch to another channel while recording if I wish. (I am amazed at the functions I can carry out while viewing and recording at the same time such as delete, Fast Forward,Media view ect.)
    3)I have 3 HDMI cables
    a1) the foxsat
    b2)my blueray player
    c3) The Wii consol via a wii to HDMI adapter
    4) no short cable, but the freesat tuner in the tele is connected to one of the outputs of the quad LNB on the dish (by a seperate cable)

All works flawlessly I woud say except for this phenomena of if the Foxsat is in a timed recording during standby mode, no pcture is available via the HDMI cable on socket 1 of the tele.

Switching on the foxsat during this recording result's in an immediate dispay on the foxsat display of the channel last used on the foxsat, but still does not give a picture output. Immediatly the timed recording finishes the picture output returns to normal.
    No ammount of cross switching of the 3 HDMI inputs overcomes this and I would defininatly pin this down to the foxsat locking the picture output whilst it is standby mode and a timed recording is called for.
    If you are watching the tele with an output from the foxsat to HDMI 1 and a timed recording mode is activated by the foxsat during viewing then all is well and no picture loss or function is experianced

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 9:38:43 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sounds like a hdmi handshake issue. Can you confirm by connecting the Foxsat by scart as well as hdmi and checking that you can view the SD analogue feed under the conditions you describe.

Have you tried using the vformat button to cycle through the available resolutions, this will force a hdcp handshake.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 9:48:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnA

Hi All,

I now see that there are various responses to mine or others problems.

I have now a new situation in addition to the other as part of a check.

If I press the record button to record a programme I am watching and then turn off the TV and then turn it on again I still have a snowy screen and the remote will not turn off the recording function so I have to wait until the programme has finished before we can get a TV picture.

To answer some of the other points:

The TV when connected to the PVR via a single hdmi cable to port 1 shows that there are several channels I can use for showing HD images - the main one selected by the TV is referred to as channel 95HDMI1. Changing these to any other channel makes no difference.

There are no other cable connections, no scarts or rf cables.

If I connect with a scart only there are no problems, all functions are working, but picture quality is not good.

If I connect both hdmi and scart, the scart overides the hdmi connection and all functions work.

If a timed recording starts whilst watching TV all is OK until the TV is turned off or into standby and then TV turned on again then we still have lockout until the recording has finished.

I have tried all these variations on both hdmi sockets on my TV and all have same end result.

Cycling through the vformat works but has no effect on remote/TV function problems.

It all seems to be that either the pvr is not sending a signal to the TV whilst recording or the tv is unable to regain the hdmi signal once it has been broken by turning off the TV.

This did not happen when the scart lead was used.

I have also tried an alternative hdmi cable in case there was a problem with the lead supplied with the pvr but same results.

When the pvr is switched on again I also get a display of the last channel used but unable to change this via the remote.

So this is as far as I have got to this time around.

Many thanks.

John A

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 15:55:06 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Never seen a TV that allocates a channel number to a hdmi port. Can you post make and model to see if a manual can be found on the net. Pressing the square stop button and then OK should stop the current recording if there's only one (hard to see the on screen prompts if you can't see the output).

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 16:05:52 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tuffdisc

Hi Graham I managed to get round to checking if there was an output on the scart under the hdmi lockout and yes there is, so whilst the HDR is in a timed recording state their is no hdmi output to the tele, but there is on the scart to AV1 input on the tele, with full controll available of the hdr with the rgb pic on the screen. I have not tried the handset Vformat yet as I forgot to do this, but will try at next opportunity

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 23:10:11 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tuffdisc

Hello Graham, managed to complete your suggestion of cycling through the Vformat from the handset, but it does not make any differance and the picture remains locked out over the hdmi cable untill the timed recording is complete

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 22:17:56 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnA

Hi Graham,

I don't think it is a channel allocated to the hdmi port - they start at 1 up to 99 eg: 95 followed by EC/HDMI1. Channel 95 was selected first when I connected the pvr.

These channels are visible as numbers when I use the TV remote to change from channel to channel.

After channel 99 it is then followed by VCR EC/HDMI1 Mono.

I have a manual and there is nothing in it to help me with the problem at hand. TV is Panasonic TX-32LXD60

There is also now something new - the pvr is switching itself on during the day when it has been previously switched to standby via the power off button on the remote.

This usually happens after a recording session and the pvr switches off on completion of the recording and then sometime afterwards powers up again with the pvr showing the last channel viewed on the small screen. There are no other ensuing recordings to be made.

On other occasions we just find the pvr is powered on for no apparent reason - and yes the remote has definitely powered it down with the pvr showing a red light on the face of the unit.

Otherwise we have the same problem as tuffdisc.

Thanks.

John

| Tue 2 Oct 2012 12:00:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnA

Hi,

Still no solution to this?

WE had another situation yesterday - whilst watching a dvd the pvr switched on to record a programme and we lost all signal to the tv so were unable to continue watching the dvd until the recording had stopped.

John

| Wed 10 Oct 2012 11:11:59 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I would contact the TV makers to see if there is a firmware mod for it. Before this go through the TV menus to see if there is an option to turn off cec hdmi control. Different makers call it different things Braviasync, Viera Link for instance

| Wed 10 Oct 2012 11:45:37 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does the TV remote have a AV button?

| Wed 10 Oct 2012 12:01:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.