My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Non Branded Tv and Remote

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullie

Hi all I have a Totally non branded Tv nothing front / back on the remote or even in it
    Can I get my remote RM-F01 foxsat to auto search for the remote code or am i screwed the remote is a new replacement that requires a 3 digit code rather then the 4 that was with the previous remote.

| Sat 31 Aug 2013 16:14:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm not aware of an auto search function.

Beko make a lot of unbranded TV's:

006, 144, 086, 145, 111, 064, 072,
    172, 361, 405

so I'd try these first.

There must be some identification on the TV, serial number, model number, country of origin etc. something that would help identify the make.

Alternatively some of the learning all in one remotes will connect online to a database and I'm sure it will suggest models if you learn a command from your existing remote.
    Alternatively, again, there doesn't seem many codes above 500. You'd expect to hit the right code after 250 attempts, do 50 a night whilst watching wallpaper TV starting at 000 and you should have it sorted in a week

| Mon 2 Sep 2013 15:25:13 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

You could also look for codes for store branded TVs Matsui, Teknika etc. as they may use the same internals.

| Mon 2 Sep 2013 20:13:08 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

Alternatively, you could use the TV remote to control your TV.

| Tue 3 Sep 2013 0:50:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

mullie - 2 days ago  » the remote is a new replacement that requires a 3 digit code rather then the 4 that was with the previous remote.

Did you have the old remote controlling the TV? If the answer is yes then the old code and the old code/brand list will give a clue about which make to try out with the new remote.

Another clue may be given by the software version of the TV. There is usally a system information screen some where in one of the menus. If you find it and report what is states then someone may recognise it.

| Tue 3 Sep 2013 7:53:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.