My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Not recording

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stewart1952

I have a Humax PVR9200T. Over the past few days it has not been recording the programmes that I have set to record. When attempting to record using the record now button I am advised that item is being recorded. It shows as being recorded but nothing there when I check

| Wed 25 Jan 2012 18:31:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stewart1952 - 26 minutes ago  » 
    It shows as being recorded but nothing there when I check

I would guess that the most likely cause is that the file system is corrupt. The easiest fix is to format the drive from the HDD control menu; this will of course delete all recordings.

| Wed 25 Jan 2012 18:58:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Hello, My PVR-9200T has also suddenly stopped recording (January 26 2011). I have tried auto-retune. I have checked the channels on the digital changeover site (Change due March7 and 21. The hard disk shows 60% space available but there is no list of recordings shown. I am reluctant to format as there are some our family on tv saved there. The set is left on standby, but does not show updates, although it is set for auto updates. The instant record does not work, although the rewind the viewed channel works fine.
    Did the format work for Stewart1952?

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 13:37:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

roni - 1 hour ago  » 
    The hard disk shows 60% space available but there is no list of recordings shown. I am reluctant to format as there are some our family on tv saved there.

The missing programs can be recovered if you are prepared to open the Humax and connect the hard drive to a PC. humaxrw in recovery mode (-r command line option) will enable the programs to be downloaded to a PC. After allowing the Humax to format the disk, humaxrw can be used to put the programs back on the Humax.

Whether or not you choose to recover the lost programs, the only sure way to restore the Humax to health is to format the disk.

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 15:22:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Thanks Martin for the fast response. Yes I am willing to open the Humax and try to copy the contents of the hard drive to a computer. In fact they could probably stay there. Where will I find some instruction on how to do this and which type of cable I need. I have changed the hard drive on a laptop, so am ok about poking about inside the Humax box. Then I can get the format done and hopefully be up and running again. Any guidance would be most welcome. Roni

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 18:10:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

roni - 11 minutes ago href="http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording#post-4552"> » 

Yes I am willing to open the Humax and try to copy the contents of the hard drive to a computer. In fact they could probably stay there. Where will I find some instruction on how to do this and which type of cable I need.

You need an IDE to USB adapter eg: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-SATA-IDE-CABLE-HDD-W-POWER-ADAPTER-UK-/320383801768?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4a985cd9a8. You download humaxrw from http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW
    . There is a readme file with humaxrw and you might find this thread helpful: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/9200-disk-corrupted

Come back and ask questions.

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 18:32:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Thanks Martin. That is excellent I will get that cable and do the downloading and will let you and others with similar problems know how I get on.
    Roni

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 18:54:15 #7 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I should point out that humaxrw is also available from our blog pages here (link)

good luck

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 21:52:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Hi, I now have the cables suggested and have connected my XP running netbook to the usb disk cable which is plugged into the back of the hard drive in the Humax. I have downloaded media controller v1.05. Unfortunately the usb connection is not registering on the computer whether the Humax is switched on or not. I am wondering where I have gone wrong? Any suggestions?
    I have printed the instructions for the software.

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 15:32:44 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

roni - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Unfortunately the usb connection is not registering on the computer whether the Humax is switched on or not. I am wondering where I have gone wrong?

I don't understand why you have chosen to download Media Controller. It will not work in the circumstances you described previously. The only software that will work is humaxrw which must be used in recovery mode (-r command line option).

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 16:24:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.