My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Not recording

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Hi Martin, Apologies for confusion. I saw a post from a moderator suggesting using a download from a blog. Anyway I had already got the one you suggested and have that in the blank half of my computer hard drive (drive D). It must seem like I am really stupid, but should I shutdown and restart trying to operate from drive D? I have tried to get the connection to be recognised but it does not show any reaction at all. I am hopeful that when I get the first part working correctly I can follow the directions. It is years since I used the Dos type commands, but I expect it will all become clear. Thanks for your patience.

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 16:57:41 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

what happens when you type (at a command prompt):

humaxrw 1: -r -l

?

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 17:21:18 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

I cannot get the command to recognise the humaxrw file or the humax directory it is in. I have copied it all onto C drive but it still refuses to bring anything forward. I am having trouble finding the correct keys to get the vertical line at the end of your suggested prompt. I can see it shown as one of three symbols, but the correct sequence eludes me. Maybe I show delete what I have downloaded and start again?

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 17:51:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Martin, I should have said the message in the command window says not recognised internal or external command, and when I try cd to the directory it is in (I copied it to the right key when it was created, so it is accurate) it then says the syntax is incorrect.
    C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Downloads\humaxrw-1.14-win32
    This is the directory

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 18:13:24 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

roni - 10 minutes ago  » 
    it then says the syntax is incorrect.
    C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Downloads\humaxrw-1.14-win32
    This is the directory

probably the spaces in the file name confusing things. Either move humaxrw to a directory immediately below c:\ (and with no spaces in the directory name) or quote the cd command something like:

cd "\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Downloads\humaxrw-1.14-win32"

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 18:26:05 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apologies duplicate post.

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 18:26:35 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Oh, I am going to have to do some DOS studies to work through this. It will still not accept the suggested commands, or even MD using the humaxrw...etc.
    I am so sorry for wasting your time on me. I will keep plugging away referring to the DOS guide and see if I can do it. Hopefully when I next post I will have had some success and can then progress. I think I will clear things and download again, but expand it to a better directory on C drive. I chose D because it has 60 gig clear and the Humax has about 40 gig recorded. Roni

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 18:55:37 #16 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

roni - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi Martin, Apologies for confusion. I saw a post from a moderator suggesting using a download from a blog. Anyway I had already got the one you suggested and have that in the blank half of my computer hard drive (drive D).

If you scroll down that blog you would find humaxrw there, sorry if it caused confusion.

Try copying humaxrw.exe to the root of the D:\ drive.
    Then if you are using Vista or Windows 7 then click on the "start" button and type cmd into the search box but do not press enter. You will see cmd.exe listed above. Right click on that and select run as administrator. Otherwise humaxrw will not have the necessary permissions. This is not necessary using XP though.

Then enter
    D:\
    humaxrw 1: -r -l

If you get a partition table not recognised error then change the 1: to 2: and so on repeating just the humaxrw line until you see a listing. Note that you can press the "up"arrow to reload the last command and edit that to save retyping the whole line.

Edit: deleted Martin's duplicate post

| Sat 4 Feb 2012 21:20:36 #17 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

roni

Thanks. I have done all that and have a success. The Humax is now formatted and I have reinstated the programmes, phew. I really appreciate all your help and sensible advice. The Humax is now able to record again. Having had this experience I will follow up on information within the forum for keeping valuable programmes safely, so that should the format be needed again it can be done without problem. It is a great forum to find and I hope many other owners will join and contribute. Thanks Martin and others.

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 14:28:52 #18 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Good News

Glad you're now sorted.

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 16:29:01 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.