My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not recording from standby

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan CL

Hi..I am a new member prompted to join by the number of problems I am encountering with a HDR 1000s.I have had no response from Humax to e-mail, and wasted 30 minutes trying to contact their telephone support,only to get cut off.I have been most impressed peviously with the advice available on this forum, which assisted me with my Foxsat HDR.I expected the new machine to perform even better, and am now very disappointed.I can see that my problems are not unique,e.g. Failure to record from standby (series record)
    Recordings cut short.
    Recording twice.
    Signal meters only indicating one tuner.
    No channel conflict information given.
    Recordings given a different title
    No access to File Manager to enable recordings to be copied to external hard drive.(also no OPT+ button on remote).
    I have software 1.00.16 dated 03/12/2012 and assume this is the latest.Am I right in assuming there will be no resolution to these errors until the software is revised? I would be grateful for any info. Thanks.

| Tue 12 Feb 2013 16:23:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum

Fix for no recording from sby

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-10022

Only 1 tuner showing isn't an issue, see faq. Briefly unused tuner is powered down, if you force it to be used by recording you will see signals for both

There is no export capability for recordings.

Need some examples of recording twice or cut short, sounds like a broadcaster issue (CH4 maybe ?)

Updating to 1.0.22 is the first thing you should do.

| Tue 12 Feb 2013 16:31:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan CL

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply.I have successfully updated the software and will monitor the recording performance.
    I hope there will be further updates to address the other shortcomings, and improve functionality.Although the HDR-1000s may be "Smart"(??)I believe the Foxsat HDR is better at the moment, (and the instruction manual far more detailed).In my opinion, there is far more to a PVR than a flashy EPG,and I live in hope of future improvements.
    Thanks again.

| Tue 12 Feb 2013 20:26:47 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.