My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not Supported File Format

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Torchy

Twice over the last three days I have received the message "Not Supported File Format" when attempting to play a recording. This evening within 30 minutes of having watched one recording I got this message when I tried to reply it.

When I power cycled it the recording list was cleared, the schedule was in place, the settings/Storage/HDD showed 0.0GB for available, used, reserved and total size, but the pie chart showed 42% space used.

I left it alone for an hour or so and when I switched it back on the recordings were back and played ok.

This sounds similar to some of the posts I have just read about format the HDD messages, but fortunately I haven't seen that, yet.

Has anyone had any similar experiences to mine?

| Wed 23 Mar 2016 21:39:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Yes Torchy, had exactly the same problem this morning. I cannot seem to get any of my records to show though!

| Fri 25 Mar 2016 18:31:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Tried factory reset but that hasn't helped either.

| Fri 25 Mar 2016 18:32:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Torchy

Madarse, sorry to hear you are having the same issue, it happened several times that week, but seems to have settled down now. I was hoping other people had had this, as I think it is the weight of numbers that get these things fixed.

I'm seriously considering getting rid of it, it's too unreliable, I also get an issue where the remote doesn't work and the power button on the front doesn't either. I just end up powering it down, inevitably when I'm in the middle of recording something.

I would be interested to know if your one has improved over the weekend?

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 15:34:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Unfortunately no joy for me Torchy. Bitten the bullet and purchased a xtrend et10000 box on line through a reputable Satellite supplier.
    If you read my previous posts regarding Humax you already know how i feel about them, so enough said!

Good luck.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 16:08:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

You might want to look at this statement... "Because of too many faulty Xtrend products, technical problems and lack of technical support from Xtrend"
    ...on this page...
    http://www.satshop.fi/digiboksit/dvb-t2/xtrend-et10000.html?___store=default&___from_store=fi

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 17:05:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Fully aware of the Finnish website thanks Pollensa. Believe me, I've done plenty of research and spoken to many individuals within the industry before settling on the Xtrend. There were issues with the tuners when it was first unveiled last year (it takes four, and I've settled for two sat and two cable) but they acknowledged the issues and were quick to resolve them.
    Three separate UK distributors recommended the Xtrend over the VU+, so I have to believe it's one of the best boxes out there at the moment.
    Only time will tell, but let's face it, it cannot be any worse than the expensive satellite tuner I've currently been left with sitting under my TV can it.
    At least I'll be able to go on holiday without wondering whether my recordings will still exist when I get back!

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 19:50:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Certainly the spec is very impressive for the money. If the forward EPG is as good as the Humax then I will seriously consider it if my HDR1000S falls over. The backward EPG is of no value to me as I rarely use it in favour of the OD players on my Smart TV. You should post a detailed review somewhere when you have had the chance to evaluate in depth.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 21:21:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Will do Pollensa. Arrives Friday so looking forward to setting it up over the weekend. As for the backward EPG, same here, I've never used it either as I too use the on demand apps on my UHDTV as they aren't as flakey as the Humax and the picture is far superior too.

All the best.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 21:58:01 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.