My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

'Not Supported File Format' error message

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

robertjjarvisuk

HDR-1000S - had it at least a year.

I recorded a programme from February 4 and decided to watch it last weekend but I get a message at the top of the screen, 'Not Supported File Format'.

I can select About and it displays text about the programme.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Rob

| Tue 11 Mar 2014 19:53:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Long shot, try turning power off to the box for 10 mins then try again.

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 9:31:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

asbr

I had occasional files with this problem for several months. More recently I suffered the problem that has been mentioned in the “software update jan 2014 “ topic, of not being able to pause or rewind live programmes. To try to sort out this latter problem I ran disc clean up, but that was not successful in solving either problem. I also had a noticeable number of failed recordings, where the recorder just did not record a programme that it was expected to record. Eventually I lost most of my recordings, in the sense that they did not show in the list of recordings, and the few recordings that did show in the list all reported the “not supported file format” message and would not play.

At that stage I reformatted the hard disc. Since doing that I have not had any more “not supported file format messages”, I have been able to pause and rewind live programmes, and I have not had any failed recordings. However, it is early days yet, and I do not know if or when these problems will return.

So I suspect the “not supported file format” problem is caused by the hard disc becoming corrupt, and that not being able to pause or rewind live programmes, and maybe even missed recordings, have the same cause. And I suspect that reformatting the hard disc solves these problems, at the cost of losing all your existing recordings. Whether there are less drastic ways of avoiding the problem, such as running disc cleanup frequently, I don’t know.

| Fri 14 Mar 2014 19:26:58 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I had this earlier with a Corrie recording on ITVHD(Good job I recorded the SD Corrie too), the program that followed which was also recorded played back fine.
    I hope this isn't the start of things to come and require a format.

| Wed 16 Apr 2014 23:01:32 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I've had the Not Supported File Format again.
    I checked my Corrie recordings earlier today from last night to see if they recorded ok which they did so looks like ITV have finally sorted that issue out.
    Just went to actually watch the first episode all the way through and got the not supported message
    I hope this doesn't mean I'm in for some more serious hard drive problems.

| Sat 3 May 2014 18:48:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

71deadcenter

has anybody posted an actual solution to this problem?

| Tue 10 Mar 2015 20:42:02 #6 |
  7. andyb63uk

Andy B

According to Humax Support, this is caused by a sector on the hard drive becoming corrupted "much like a virus on a PC" and can be resolved by reformatting the HDD. I now have several weeks of recordings gone. THANKS HUMAX.

| Thu 11 Feb 2016 14:05:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

-gonzo- - 1 year ago  » 
    I had this earlier with a Corrie recording on ITVHD(Good job I recorded the SD Corrie too), the program that followed which was also recorded played back fine.
    I hope this isn't the start of things to come and require a format.

I admire your bravery in admitting you record soaps. I haven't watched CS since Bet Lynch left the Rovers (the first time). Are Len Fairclough and Ray Langton still in it?

| Thu 11 Feb 2016 14:32:07 #8 |
  9. andyb63uk

Andy B

Finally Humax's solution was to replace my "Corrupted" 1100s with a new one which they swapped out via courier 2 days later. However the new box is now rebooting during recordings, so no point in recording anything at the moment. Beginning to wish I'd kept my Foxsat HDR.

| Sun 21 Feb 2016 0:34:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andyb63uk - 10 hours ago  » 
    Finally Humax's solution was to replace my "Corrupted" 1100s with a new one which they swapped out via courier 2 days later. However the new box is now rebooting during recordings, so no point in recording anything at the moment. Beginning to wish I'd kept my Foxsat HDR.

The 1000/1100s series had a rebooting issue earlier in 2015 following a software update. This was after cured following a further update. Our box had the issue intermittently but the update cured it. I think you would have more chance winning the Euro lottery than both boxes having the same fault (if it were hardware related). I think therefore it is either out of date software/firmware or there is an issue with your setup.

| Sun 21 Feb 2016 11:33:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.