My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Not sure which section to post in

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cressie

Hi. This is my first post, and I'm not sure which section to post in, so I'll put it here and hope someone can answer.
    I got a new remote, Humax RM-109U, to replace my old one because some of the buttons had stopped working. The new one was fine, apart from the Pause/Restart button which didn't do anything. So, I got a replacement and it is exactly the same. So it's either a big coincidence, or I'm doing something wrong! On the old one, which came with the box, there are separate buttons for pause and restart, but on the new one they share a button.

So, any advice please? Is it me doing something wrong, or a second faulty remote?

Thanks

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:47:17 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cressie - 52 mins ago  » 
    Hi. This is my first post, and I'm not sure which section to post in, so I'll put it here and hope someone can answer.
    I got a new remote, Humax RM-109U, to replace my old one because some of the buttons had stopped working. The new one was fine, apart from the Pause/Restart button which didn't do anything. So, I got a replacement and it is exactly the same. So it's either a big coincidence, or I'm doing something wrong! On the old one, which came with the box, there are separate buttons for pause and restart, but on the new one they share a button.
    So, any advice please? Is it me doing something wrong, or a second faulty remote?
    Thanks

Did you change the remote channel from the default of 1 on the original remote ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:40:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cressie

Hi Graham, thanks for the reply, and the welcome. I haven't changed anything, I just put batteries in and pointed it at the box! As I said, all the buttons work, apart from the pause button, which is also the restart button, which does work. I mean, if I press to rewind, the restart button works to make it play again from where I have gone back to. I just can't pause anything.
    Hope this makes sense.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:07:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cressie - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Graham, thanks for the reply, and the welcome. I haven't changed anything, I just put batteries in and pointed it at the box! As I said, all the buttons work, apart from the pause button, which is also the restart button, which does work. I mean, if I press to rewind, the restart button works to make it play again from where I have gone back to. I just can't pause anything.
    Hope this makes sense.

I was asking if you changed the infra red mode on the original remote not the new one.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

I was asking because non genuine Humax remotes generally only have mode 1. If the box was setup previously to use other than mode 1 it might explain the issue.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 14:04:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cressie

Hi Graham
    Thanks for the link, I have tried it but without success. I think it's another faulty remote. I think I'll have to try to get this one replaced as well.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 15:30:12 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

I think that is very unlikely and the 'fault' lies elsewhere.
    The box model that you are trying to control might also be useful info.
    Do the non responsive commands work on your old remote.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:08:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cressie

Hi Trev, thanks for the reply. The old remote has several buttons which have ceased to work, but the pause button on that remote does still work. So, clearly it is the new remote(s) which are not commanding the box to pause. I have ordered another replacement, so I will see if that works.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:40:20 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Please look into the IR code change as indicated by GLT before you do.
    As an alternative, just clean up the contacts on the old remote. (Free)

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:54:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cressie

Thanks, I have done the code change thing with no effect. As to cleaning the contacts on the old remote, I have cleaned them externally as best I could (using a pin to scrape round each button) is there any other way to clean them that you know of?

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 13:30:38 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Yes. You pry the two halves of the remote apart (it takes quite a bit of doing) then carefully clean the contacts on both the pcb and rubber diaphragm with alcohol or similar.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 15:50:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.