My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Not tuning

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil s

My humax 4000T is not tuning in.
    I use it in my motorhome & was using it in the Bristol area. I had problems with it, the date was saying 01/01/1970, so tuned it in again & the correct date came up & all was ok. When I arrived back in Shrewsbury I retuned & it came up weak signal or no signal. I tried adjusting the aerial & retuning. After a couple of time I noticed when on channel 1 it was saying BBC south which is Bristol area. It will not retune to the Wrekin, no matter how many times I retune, it’s stuck on that transmitter. Does anyone know what to do to get out of it
    Thanks in advance

| Mon 11 Oct 2021 23:15:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Phil s - 38 mins ago  » 
    After a couple of time I noticed when on channel 1 it was saying BBC south which is Bristol area. It will not retune to the Wrekin, no matter how many times I retune, it’s stuck on that transmitter. Does anyone know what to do to get out of it

Try turning off the Smart retune option when tuning.

| Mon 11 Oct 2021 23:55:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Or delete all the channels then retune.

| Tue 12 Oct 2021 7:58:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil s

Turning off the smart tune is the ably thing I have not tried & was going to try this morning, as I said when I retune it keeps trying to retune to the south & I am now back in the midlands. I was going to try a reset but can not find how you do it as a last resort. We keep some music concerts on record & do not want them gone if I can help it.
    Thanks very much I will try it a little later

| Tue 12 Oct 2021 9:28:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Phil s - 1 hour ago  » 
    Turning off the smart tune is the ably thing I have not tried & was going to try this morning, as I said when I retune it keeps trying to retune to the south & I am now back in the midlands. I was going to try a reset but can not find how you do it as a last resort. We keep some music concerts on record & do not want them gone if I can help it.
    Thanks very much I will try it a little later

You won't lose any recordings if you do a reset. The procedure is Red Freeview button>Settings>System Settings>Factory Reset. This will delete the schedule of future recordings but will not delete any existing recordings. Note that the option will be greyed out if the box is recording or about to record. I would definitely try without the Smart tune option before trying the reset.

| Tue 12 Oct 2021 11:21:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil s

Thanks very much

| Tue 12 Oct 2021 13:13:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil s

I turned off the smart & it tuned in, then re input all the recorded things again.
    Thanks everyone for your help

| Wed 13 Oct 2021 8:32:33 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.