My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Not waking from standby when recording

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

garethdphillips

I have noticed on a number of occasions now that my HDR 1000S will not wake from standby. I've only had this around 3 or 4 times since Nov / Dec last year to be fair, but it is frustrating.

I only seem to experience it during the day, and therefore at a weekend (as I work all week during the day) - Not sure if this is relevant or not.

On Saturday gone (9th Feb) I pressed the power / standby button on the remote to wake the box. On the front panel display the time vanished, and ordinarily the FreeTime logo appears, followed by the channel name. On this occasion all that happened on this occasion is that the time vanished, and then the display remained blank. I cannot wake the box, and all controls are unresponsive. Yanking the power and resetting the unit works.

Every time this has happened, the unit has been recording something, which cannot be a coincidence. I obviously get a partial recording of that program.

Anybody else? Is this a known issue?

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 9:19:14 #1 |
  2. x6tus

x6tus

Hi Gareth, I can confirm I've had the same issue a couple of times too. Although I never noticed if it was recording at the time. Powering the unit up simply results in it turning off again and going into standby and as you said pulling the plug sorts it out.

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 11:03:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I've had this twice now, both times it said it was recording and both times the recordings were cut short.

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 11:41:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Markk

I've had this problem multiple times over the last few days. Last night the unit got as far as displaying the free time logo, displaying the channel on the front panel, correct sound on TV but no picture. No response to remote control or front panel buttons. Had to disconnect from power and restart 3-4 times before unit would work as expected..

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 13:07:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotorca

When my box is in standby, there is no clock showing, or any text?

| Sun 17 Feb 2013 16:05:05 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

scotorca - 12 minutes ago  » 
    When my box is in standby, there is no clock showing, or any text?

100% normal if using power saving standby. Disabling power saving sby will display the clock 24/7.

| Sun 17 Feb 2013 16:19:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotorca

Thanks for clearing this up Graham.

| Sun 17 Feb 2013 22:42:44 #7 |
  8. chistery

chistery

My box seems to wake up but when recording or the timer icon is showing, it won't show any picture. I get the sound but nothing else. Power cycling it works, but I can't really do that mid-recording. The box shows the channel it's recording.

I've tried changing the HDMI cable and changing it from plugging into my amp to direct into my TV, nothing works.

| Mon 18 Feb 2013 21:13:34 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

chistery - 2 hours ago  » 
    My box seems to wake up but when recording or the timer icon is showing, it won't show any picture. I get the sound but nothing else. Power cycling it works, but I can't really do that mid-recording. The box shows the channel it's recording.
    I've tried changing the HDMI cable and changing it from plugging into my amp to direct into my TV, nothing works.

TV?

| Mon 18 Feb 2013 23:25:02 #9 |
  10. chistery

chistery

REPASSAC - 17 hours ago  » 

chistery - 2 hours ago  » 

TV?

Television.

| Tue 19 Feb 2013 17:13:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.