My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Notice. Please wait for receiving broadcast information.

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zanc

I'm having the same problem with the Guide. Phoned Humax technical support and got rather a bland response to use the schedule + red button solution (which is not documented, only the yellow button is offered as an option on screen). This is a major problem for none techie people in the household that have developed habits in using the system and do require screen prompts to operate these devices. I had the feeling he was a bit embarrassed. Would not admit there was a problem, but suggested they [Humax] could decide to make some changes to the behaviour some time in the future. Why can't they just admit they screwed up?

| Thu 23 Jun 2011 10:17:58 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pressing the schedule button and then the red button has been available since the hdr was launched in 2008.

It's the way to get an instant epg without stealing tuner 1 so you can't set a recording while continuing to view the current programme

Schedule/Red gives you instant access to the buffered epg rather than loading a new epg (unless you have done something like a factory reset when you start with a blank epg it's going to be complete anyway). This is constantly updated as well so there's little to zero chance of it not being up to date.

If you press guide while the box is recording you get the buffered epg (the equivalent of schedule/red) anyway.

Since 2008 apart from after a reset I have not used the guide button at all.

Additionally you can also set a new reservation while replaying a recording using this approach.

The supplied remote button layout does not encourage this but as I use a Harmony remote I have the schedule and red buttons next to each other.

It's good practice anyway to bring up the schedule anyway to check that what you expect to record is going to, pressing red then lets you add anything missing.

| Thu 23 Jun 2011 12:49:23 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Pressing the schedule button and then the red button...
    is the way to get an instant epg without stealing tuner 1 so you can't set a recording while continuing to view the current programme
    Schedule/Red gives you instant access to the buffered epg rather than loading a new epg

Sounds like Humax got their button functions mixed up from day one!

They should've mapped the Schedule+Red button feature to the Guide button and vice versa

| Thu 23 Jun 2011 13:04:09 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Get Go - 6 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Pressing the schedule button and then the red button...
    is the way to get an instant epg without stealing tuner 1 so you can't set a recording while continuing to view the current programme
    Schedule/Red gives you instant access to the buffered epg rather than loading a new epg

Sounds like Humax got their button functions mixed up from day one!
    They should've mapped the Schedule+Red button feature to the Guide button and vice versa

Maybe, it's been suggested before but it could be down to the Freesat spec that calls for a button marked guide that uses a tuner to access the freesat home transponder to give you a whole new epg. Using a programmeable remote it's easy to implement something like this anyway. I never bothered since I put the buttons side by side it's second nature (and my better half knows this as well

It's also handy having the soft red button next to the media button as red is used to change the media source, very handy if you have a usb archive drive attached.

| Thu 23 Jun 2011 13:15:57 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.