My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Now then!

(3 posts)
  1. kraggers

kraggers

Hi All - hope this vast resource will help me overcome some "misunderstandings" I have regards the AURA that I've had for, erm, quite a while now.

Binned off Virgin media Tivo to save a few shillings. Previously enjoyed my Humax 9200T (2005ish) so went for the Latest & greatest Aura...!

Still working through snagging issues (re-boots, failed recordings [probably due to reboots]).

I've also never set it up "on the network" so will look into that.

Anyway, rambling. That's me - I'm off for a browse.

Andrew

| Mon 23 Jan 2023 17:33:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BMA

Snap, I have exactly the same symptoms, I'm currently in contact with Humax support who are suggesting that my signal strength is too strong and are sending an attenuator to see if this helps, so I'm giving this a go.

But especially the same as you after having a Virgin Tivo I am very disappointed with the Aura operationally, it feels "clunky" and I believe the software is buggy, as well as the reboots/missed recordings, when FF'ing through a recording, it often jumps back to the beginning of the recording, so frustrating.

I've also asked about software updates but disappointingly below is my response to what I believe is their less-than-satisfactory response:

From Humax Support:
    As per the software update, unfortunately, we do not have any concrete information if and when one will be released.

My response:
    Very disappointing for a modern software-driven device especially as the current Firmware version 9.21 (based on Android 9 for TV, currently at version 13) was released on 17th June 2021, all my other devices including my LG Smart TV have had numerous software updates/improvements, this to me indicates a lack of support for your product and its future development, which as mentioned as a customer living with its bugs/issues is frustrating. It's also very concerning especially from a security point of view as an Internet-connected device, it should be kept patched to counter the numerous vulnerabilities as they are discovered/fixed:

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 16:27:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BMA

You've probably seen this similar topic already, but just in case:
    Similar Topic

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 17:07:23 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.