My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

1976saint - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm complained to all the time at home about this, weekly or more reboots out of the blue, wifi disconnecting and having to manaully reconnect. I replaced my router over Christmas but it did the same when connected to the old one.
    An Error message popped up last night (well that's embarrassing) 4401-Network-File whilst watching All 4 on the humax.
    After a manual restart it was ok again.
    What type of reset have you done (I have the Aura), I don't want to loose the recordings on there at the moment?

Try deleting the list of scheduled programs set to be recorded and do a rescan for channels. (You don't need to deleted the recorded programs.)

When ever I have had random reboots, they also seem to be resolved after doing this until Freeview come along and move channels around again.

| Tue 10 Jan 2023 9:23:40 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

I did a reset of mine recently after contacting Humax support. It's mostly solved the crash/rebooting problem but it still happens occasionally (but not like the daily it was doing).

I am finding it really sluggish at the moment though, slow to navigate, slow responses.

When I contacted Humax support I asked them why there hasn't been any updates since July 2021.... They replied that they'd checked with their manager and they'd confirmed that no update has been released since then because an update hasn`t needed to come out! I suspect they don't have these devices at home to know how unreliable they can be!

| Tue 10 Jan 2023 11:08:33 #62 |
  3. jpv1960

jpv1960

My Aura Humax box reset most evenings when I start watching live programs or iPlayer. Getting quite fed up with this now.

Can anyone recommend a decent Freeview box that will allow me to save (transfer) recorded programs and has multiple tuners?

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 12:54:03 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Finchy313 - 2 weeks ago  » 
    I did a reset of mine recently after contacting Humax support. It's mostly solved the crash/rebooting problem but it still happens occasionally (but not like the daily it was doing).
    I am finding it really sluggish at the moment though, slow to navigate, slow responses.
    When I contacted Humax support I asked them why there hasn't been any updates since July 2021.... They replied that they'd checked with their manager and they'd confirmed that no update has been released since then because an update hasn`t needed to come out! I suspect they don't have these devices at home to know how unreliable they can be!

When did you contact Humax? Gee, do you think maybe they’re not being totally honest when they said last year that a firmware update is being worked on and out soon?

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 14:12:28 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

End of November they replied. I did send them another one in late December but they've not bothered replying to that!

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 14:32:15 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BMA

Apologies if there's a way to link other posts, but I commented in the below topic before I found this one.

Having frustratingly experienced this issue and thus missing a number of recordings, this device in its current state (without a fix which Humax doesn't appear to be addressing) is unfit for purpose and I'm about to take it back to where I bought it stating as such.

Especially now I've found it is much farther spread than I imagined (I can only image the additional users out there that haven't found this Forum).

Another post on similar issues

| Sun 29 Jan 2023 16:01:29 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Similar to this I think, mine's taken to rebooting when I revive it from sleep, not every time but often enough to notice, and last night the BBC iplayer crashed twice as well.

| Fri 10 Feb 2023 12:41:27 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

MattB1 - 9 mnths ago  » 
    I contacted Humax customer service yesterday and they came back with this.
    I haven't tried it yet, but will give it ago and see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.
    Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on your Humax Aura Device. Performing a factory reset can help with picture/sound; signal; recording playback and software operation issues.
    Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.
    - Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote- Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select the Settings icon
    - Navigate to Device Preferences and press OK- Select "Reset" from the list of options
    - A new screen will appear, select "Reset" once again.
    - The unit will turn off for a few moments and turn on again.
    - Follow the on-screen installation wizard to and complete the device setup.
    - Pair the remote by OK & i buttons for five seconds, once paired select next.
    - Choose your preferred language and select next
    - Select your WiFi network and enter your password.
    - You'll need to sign into your Google account. you'll have the option for web or on-screen sign-in (we recommend web)
    - Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    - Enable location sercives.
    - Choose if you wish to send information back to Google to help improve their services.
    - Enable the Google Assistant and Personal Results
    - Next, you'll be prompeted to re-install any deleted apps (due to the reset).
    - You'll then be shown an overview of the feature of your device. Press the gith arrow key to progress through this.
    - You'll then need complete the Freeview Channel search (this may take 3-5 minutes).
    - When completed, save the results and accept the Freeview Terms and Conditions.
    - Agree to the End User License Agreement.
    - Finished

I had that from them as well. Totally stupid. It just needs the operating system wiped and reloaded. You would't delete all your stored data on a pc, just to reload Windows. Well I wouldn't because my system isn't designed that way. Or at least have an easy way to backup and restore videos before OS wipe or HD replacement. Maybe I should take the longway and FTP 98% to an external device. Deep gloom.

| Mon 13 Feb 2023 20:30:53 #68 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

As I asked in an earlier post, I haven't found a way to get externally stored recordings back onto the Aura.

| Tue 14 Feb 2023 12:02:02 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I did a Freeview reset when I had my restarting issues last April and it hasn’t played up once since then.

I did not lose any recordings when I did it.

| Tue 14 Feb 2023 13:46:26 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.