My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

From what I have seen, just the step of doing a rescan of the Freeview channels seems to sort out the reboot issues. Not sure if there is bug which only appears when Freeview channels move around which the Aura can't cope with?

My Aura has been pretty stable recently following a rescan.

| Tue 14 Feb 2023 15:08:23 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jetel1967

I have had multiple issues lately and finally gave up and did a reset. It says the recorded programmes will be saved. I made sure they were exported before I did the reset, and on rebooting the storage shows the 75% available memory that matched the pre reset level. However there ate NO recorded programmes. So I'm thinking they MUST be somewhere within the storage... but how do I get them back?
    Too early to tell if the random rebooting issues have been resolved.

| Mon 27 Feb 2023 14:06:03 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Daves00

Mine started rebooting a couple of months ago, a couple of times/week - but tonight 3 times in one evening. It is when using the All4 App. I don't know if there is mileage in that? Is the App causing the operating system a headache and boom ....

| Sat 11 Mar 2023 1:04:06 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Daves00 - 1 day ago  » 
    It is when using the All4 App. I don't know if there is mileage in that? Is the App causing the operating system a headache and boom ....

I would say it is highly likely that the App is causing the problem. I would try reporting the problem to them; viewerenquiries@channel4.co.uk is the contact address listed on the All4 website.

In my view, a lot of the reported Aura crashes are related to apps and the rather obsolete version of Android used by the Aura may be partly responsible.

| Sun 12 Mar 2023 13:29:41 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Martin Liddle In my view, a lot of the reported Aura crashes are related to apps and the rather obsolete version of Android used by the Aura may be partly responsible.

It's odd you say that Martin, I had message pop up on my Aura the other night saying something like 'check out the new features of the latest version of Android TV'. Can't see I have noticed a difference though.

I will check it out later to see if it has actually updated of whether it was just an odd bogus message.

| Sun 12 Mar 2023 15:18:37 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

In my view, a lot of the reported Aura crashes are related to apps and the rather obsolete version of Android used by the Aura may be partly responsible.

And yet the Humax support have repeatedly told me there has been no update because no update it needed since July 2021. Useless.

| Sun 12 Mar 2023 17:55:30 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

FWIW, I've had mine crash / reboot it's self watching YouTube, iPlayer C4 and also live TV / recorded TV......

It's not consistent to one application though your mileage may vary.

Most of the time it's fine but got fed up with it and now mainly use the LG TV which just works! For the money, the Aura should just work but disappoints!

| Sun 12 Mar 2023 18:19:13 #77 |
  8. Jthspace

Jthspace

Ive been getting random reboots / complete shutdowns. Can't seem to identify why or nor can I replicate it. ITV-X is a separate problem, completely hangs the Aura at the end of a program, all keys on the remote do nothing. Wait 5 minutes and it may recover, usually a power lead pull is needed.

As for the delay in getting Freeplay to refresh the list, grrrr.

Like other poster, I mainly use native LG TV and only use the Aura for setting up recordings and watching when required. Shame.

| Thu 16 Mar 2023 16:42:19 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Jthspace - 7 mins ago  » 
    Ive been getting random reboots / complete shutdowns. Can't seem to identify why or nor can I replicate it. ITV-X is a separate problem, completely hangs the Aura at the end of a program, all keys on the remote do nothing. Wait 5 minutes and it may recover, usually a power lead pull is needed.
    As for the delay in getting Freeplay to refresh the list, grrrr.
    Like other poster, I mainly use native LG TV and only use the Aura for setting up recordings and watching when required. Shame.

Have you tried a Freeview channel rescan along with deleted all scheduled recordings and repopulating again? (Don't need to delete recorded programs, just scheduled programs list.)

From my experience, doing this seems to resolve reboot problems and makes the Aura more stable.

| Thu 16 Mar 2023 16:52:18 #79 |
  10. Jthspace

Jthspace

Thanks.

Im getting a new TV delivered Saturday (LG C2) so when everything is de-wired and a new Firecube wired in, I will reset everything and start afresh.

I'm hoping making the Firecube the "primary" in the chain of HDMI and audio it "may" stop the spurious switching-on of the Aura at "stupid-a.m.-o'clock" forcing me to get up in the middle of the night to turn everything off yet again.

| Thu 16 Mar 2023 17:02:30 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.