My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Was there not some comments elsewhere that you must also keep the version of Android up to date to at least a specific version not too far from the latest version if that version can’t be used? Have we also fallen behind on this too?

| Fri 22 Jul 2022 12:04:33 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

If either of my boxes crash again whilst I am watching something I'm throwing them out the window as that is all they are good for...

| Thu 11 Aug 2022 10:14:42 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

viewer777777777

Just to add to this forum, #myauratoo , today 3 reboots, using different apps at the time.

| Sun 21 Aug 2022 15:35:32 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Since I’ve done the retune after they closed COM7, I have not had a single reboot. Coincidence I’m sure, but it’s been behaving itself even in all the heat we’ve been having lately.

| Sun 21 Aug 2022 16:01:50 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

We've had multiple reboots this week. Each time just watching live TV. Very frustrating.

| Sun 21 Aug 2022 17:09:26 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Ahhhh! My bloody box crashed five minutes from stoppage time whilst I was watching the Merseyside derby on BT Sport! Then after having to wait for it to reboot it wouldn't connect for a few minutes, only got the last two minutes! I'm getting really fed up with this damn thing. I'm getting closer and closer to ditching it and going back to my old nVidia Shield TV

| Sat 3 Sep 2022 15:07:38 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Adamf72

Mine is doing the same too. So annoying.
    I’m also having trouble with Wi-Fi dropping for no reason. I was wondering if it might be the hdd failing with the reboot thing?

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 23:35:06 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Try a reset and retune ... worked for me when I had the problem and its been good as gold ever since. Probably getting on for 6 months now without a reboot.

Nothing to do with hard drive failing. Mine seemed to occur when they were doing changes with the Freeview line up and removal of COM5. Once I did the above it has been fine ever since.

I understand Freeview have been making some more changes recently, so maybe that is the problem.....

| Sat 24 Dec 2022 12:21:09 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

I'm complained to all the time at home about this, weekly or more reboots out of the blue, wifi disconnecting and having to manaully reconnect. I replaced my router over Christmas but it did the same when connected to the old one.
    An Error message popped up last night (well that's embarrassing) 4401-Network-File whilst watching All 4 on the humax.

After a manual restart it was ok again.

What type of reset have you done (I have the Aura), I don't want to loose the recordings on there at the moment?

| Tue 10 Jan 2023 8:23:01 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZiggyUK

1976saint - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm complained to all the time at home about this, weekly or more reboots out of the blue, wifi disconnecting and having to manaully reconnect. I replaced my router over Christmas but it did the same when connected to the old one.
    An Error message popped up last night (well that's embarrassing) 4401-Network-File whilst watching All 4 on the humax.
    After a manual restart it was ok again.
    What type of reset have you done (I have the Aura), I don't want to loose the recordings on there at the moment?

When you google that code there are loads of reports on all different devices and complaints about the all4 app being the issue.
    I dont use the all4 app.

| Tue 10 Jan 2023 9:29:06 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.