My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 4 days ago  » 

Harters - 4 days ago  » 
    I exported my settings, so I didn’t have to add my timers etc as everything imported back in seamlessly once it was up and running.

I've just done a Freeview Reset and my imported timers were all marked 'invalid'. I had to delete them all and set them up again.

The only timers that I had invalid on were ones that had expired and therefore no timers set.

| Thu 12 May 2022 17:59:58 #41 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 4 days ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 days ago  » 

Harters - 4 days ago  » 
    I exported my settings, so I didn’t have to add my timers etc as everything imported back in seamlessly once it was up and running.

I've just done a Freeview Reset and my imported timers were all marked 'invalid'. I had to delete them all and set them up again.

The only timers that I had invalid on were ones that had expired and therefore no timers set.

My invalids were definitely the current and active timers. A few days after the Freeview reset I had a reboot whilst recording (and chasing) Pointless. When the Aura was up an running it started a new recording and recorded the last few minutes of the programme. Interestingly this time, the interrupted recording was still viewable up to the point of the reboot. As previously stated, I was watching Pointless about 20 minutes behind live. The playback froze for a couple of seconds and then the box rebooted. There must be some reason this has started happening. I've had the Aura since November and this problem has only just reared its ugly head.

| Tue 17 May 2022 16:11:45 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

When I did the reset, I didn't bother with export settings, so I've setup all the timers again from scratch.

Touch wood, the Aura and been solid since with no reboots, so not sure if that is luck or coincidence

| Tue 17 May 2022 16:55:38 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philh

Yup I have had this happen to me 3 or 4 times over the previous few weeks. Any ideas anyone.

| Mon 23 May 2022 8:53:11 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Philh - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yup I have had this happen to me 3 or 4 times over the previous few weeks. Any ideas anyone.

I think we are stuck with it as Humax clearly don't give a flying f#@£ about us customers.

| Mon 23 May 2022 10:53:25 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mine was doing good after my last reset, but this week it got really bad, one night it rebooted 3 times within less than an hour.

Yesterday I did a full factory reset instead of the Freeview reset I did last time, so I will see how it goes now.

I also did a Factory reset because I had a problem with my timers for Coronation street which has been set since the day I set up my box, but lately it has been missing the program. It seems the timers just disappear when the program is due to start, but come back after it should have recorded. It worked OK last night, so hopefully that little bug has been sorted.....

| Sat 18 Jun 2022 9:48:05 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Harters - 4 hours ago  » 
    Mine was doing good after my last reset, but this week it got really bad, one night it rebooted 3 times within less than an hour.
    Yesterday I did a full factory reset instead of the Freeview reset I did last time, so I will see how it goes now.
    I also did a Factory reset because I had a problem with my timers for Coronation street which has been set since the day I set up my box, but lately it has been missing the program. It seems the timers just disappear when the program is due to start, but come back after it should have recorded. It worked OK last night, so hopefully that little bug has been sorted.....

It won't work been there done that on both boxes I own

| Sat 18 Jun 2022 13:57:08 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Our box does this regularly, usually two or three times a week for the last few months (usually not long after we've started watching something) and it does it in Emby, Plex, iPlayer.

Got to say I'm really disappointed with this box. It's as buggy as hell and there's not been an update for over a year on it, have Humax pretty much ditched supporting it?

| Tue 19 Jul 2022 21:03:12 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Finchy313 - 15 hours ago  » 
    Our box does this regularly, usually two or three times a week for the last few months (usually not long after we've started watching something) and it does it in Emby, Plex, iPlayer.
    Got to say I'm really disappointed with this box. It's as buggy as hell and there's not been an update for over a year on it, have Humax pretty much ditched supporting it?

They seem to have given up on the box and us the customers that pay their wages. Mine rebooted twice in the last 2 days for one box and 2nd box once (admin edit expletive deleted)

| Wed 20 Jul 2022 12:26:01 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

My Aura rebooted twice recently too (hot weather?) - Just watching YouTube and a second time watching iPlayer. I've given up trying to use as media solution which is the sales blurb Humax associate with it.

I use the built in apps in the TV, those just work. All the Humax gets used for is TV PCR functions, but those have their issues as well. Colin at Humax never responds to my questions to support.

One of my friends asked if I would recommend the Humax Aura, I advised to steeer well clear of Humax altogether!

| Wed 20 Jul 2022 12:45:11 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.