My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

MattB1 - 45 mins ago  » 

Harters - 1 min ago  » 
    I've done a reset as I thought I will never know if it works or not unless I try it. Will see what happens tonight.

Same here. Was a bit of hassle trying to set it up again, but all done now.
    The more people that do this, and then assuming if the restart still happen, we need to feedback to Humax Customer support and see what they suggest next.

Ha-ha. What they suggest next? It’ll be Tumbleweed.

| Sun 1 May 2022 12:57:57 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The more people that do this, and then assuming if the restart still happen, we need to feedback to Humax Customer support and see what they suggest next.

Another reset.

| Sun 1 May 2022 13:15:23 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 

Another reset.

Yep no point whatsoever as they clearly don't care about customers.

| Sun 1 May 2022 14:37:59 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Well it’s been three days since I did a Freeview reset, so not the full Reset that deletes all the Apps and I have not had any more reboots.

I exported my settings, so I didn’t have to add my timers etc as everything imported back in seamlessly once it was up and running.

Hope I’m not temping fete with this post

| Wed 4 May 2022 12:41:57 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I did a factory reset within the last 7 days - have not done one for months. Tonight the box rebooted all by itself. Wasn’t recording anything, nor was I watching freeview TV as I was streaming something else using an app on my TV.

| Sat 7 May 2022 18:57:23 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It strikes me that we need to put pressure on Humax and get this info into the review press to get these issues sorted for once and for all it's a joke.

| Sun 8 May 2022 8:48:30 #36 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 4 days ago  » 
    I exported my settings, so I didn’t have to add my timers etc as everything imported back in seamlessly once it was up and running.

I've just done a Freeview Reset and my imported timers were all marked 'invalid'. I had to delete them all and set them up again.

| Sun 8 May 2022 16:14:27 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

I have got into the habit of turning off at the mains each night in the hope that this will cure the problem but no, it did a reset all by itself last night.

| Tue 10 May 2022 7:17:05 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

peterukwp - 42 mins ago  » 
    I have got into the habit of turning off at the mains each night in the hope that this will cure the problem but no, it did a reset all by itself last night.

Not helpful if you want to record anything though after you have gone to bed

| Tue 10 May 2022 7:59:47 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

phlppip - 23 hours ago  » 

peterukwp - 42 mins ago  » 

Not helpful if you want to record anything though after you have gone to bed

You are wright. Anyway while watching You Tube last night another re set its happening more and more now.

| Wed 11 May 2022 7:23:33 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.