My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mine is now doing it every day after about an hour or so of viewing. The only way so far I can stop it happeningvis to unplug it for a few seconds before I sit down for my evening viewing and then it doesn't happen.

If must be to do with it actually being used as I record quite lot of old American 80's TV on GreatTV in the night and I have not had one filled recording, so it would seem it only does it when its out of standby.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 10:59:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Just powered mine on this afternoon and it was currently recording. Unresponsive, and it rebooted itself. I think the Aura is dying a death by a thousand cuts.

I remember Barry stating that Humax have not given up on this machine but I can’t remember his exact wording. I currently don’t share the same opinion.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 15:51:22 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

I contacted Humax customer service yesterday and they came back with this.

I haven't tried it yet, but will give it ago and see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on your Humax Aura Device. Performing a factory reset can help with picture/sound; signal; recording playback and software operation issues.

Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.

- Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote- Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select the Settings icon
    - Navigate to Device Preferences and press OK- Select "Reset" from the list of options
    - A new screen will appear, select "Reset" once again.
    - The unit will turn off for a few moments and turn on again.
    - Follow the on-screen installation wizard to and complete the device setup.
    - Pair the remote by OK & i buttons for five seconds, once paired select next.
    - Choose your preferred language and select next
    - Select your WiFi network and enter your password.
    - You'll need to sign into your Google account. you'll have the option for web or on-screen sign-in (we recommend web)
    - Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    - Enable location sercives.
    - Choose if you wish to send information back to Google to help improve their services.
    - Enable the Google Assistant and Personal Results
    - Next, you'll be prompeted to re-install any deleted apps (due to the reset).
    - You'll then be shown an overview of the feature of your device. Press the gith arrow key to progress through this.
    - You'll then need complete the Freeview Channel search (this may take 3-5 minutes).
    - When completed, save the results and accept the Freeview Terms and Conditions.
    - Agree to the End User License Agreement.
    - Finished

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 16:07:26 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Default Humax response to any and all problems.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 17:44:28 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

MattB1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I contacted Humax customer service yesterday and they came back with this.
    I haven't tried it yet, but will give it ago and see if it makes any difference.

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.
    Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on your Humax Aura Device. Performing a factory reset can help with picture/sound; signal; recording playback and software operation issues.
    Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.
    - Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote- Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select the Settings icon
    - Navigate to Device Preferences and press OK- Select "Reset" from the list of options
    - A new screen will appear, select "Reset" once again.
    - The unit will turn off for a few moments and turn on again.
    - Follow the on-screen installation wizard to and complete the device setup.
    - Pair the remote by OK & i buttons for five seconds, once paired select next.
    - Choose your preferred language and select next
    - Select your WiFi network and enter your password.
    - You'll need to sign into your Google account. you'll have the option for web or on-screen sign-in (we recommend web)
    - Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    - Enable location sercives.
    - Choose if you wish to send information back to Google to help improve their services.
    - Enable the Google Assistant and Personal Results
    - Next, you'll be prompeted to re-install any deleted apps (due to the reset).
    - You'll then be shown an overview of the feature of your device. Press the gith arrow key to progress through this.
    - You'll then need complete the Freeview Channel search (this may take 3-5 minutes).
    - When completed, save the results and accept the Freeview Terms and Conditions.
    - Agree to the End User License Agreement.
    - Finished

I was told the same when my guide time was off by a few hours. Not related to the reboots mentioned here, but same response. All I did was restart the apps from the Freeview button and it has been fine since.

Standard waist of time response. Feels like they've run out of ideas or developers.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 17:54:01 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

It’s a real shame though. I remember how the box was in the early days and the collaborative effort with Humax and the beta testers and forum users here, etc. about a year and a bit ago. The box is way better than it was but imagine it being released now, as it was originally, and the only response is “do a factory reset”.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 23:23:18 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

boogersa - 11 hours ago  » 
    It’s a real shame though. I remember how the box was in the early days and the collaborative effort with Humax and the beta testers and forum users here, etc. about a year and a bit ago. The box is way better than it was but imagine it being released now, as it was originally, and the only response is “do a factory reset”.

Yes I agree, what has happened to all that amazing rapid response from the Beta testers and Humax in getting all the initial bugs sorted it such a short time.

Current Beta Testers/Martin, do you know what is going on?

There has to be a reason for these constant reboots as mine did it again last night and again after an hour or so of viewing. Even my trick of unplugging it before the evening viewing didn't work this time. It can't be an over heating issue as after the reboot it will behave itself for hours without issue, could it be a Google issue, has there been an update to that recently?

| Sun 1 May 2022 10:34:10 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Thanks for posting their reset process. I very much doubt it will fix anything personally but as it's their suggested fix I will try it before contacting them. I don't think it will fix it because mine, for one, is not an old machine and came in this condition (what the factory reset will do) and I can't imagine what they think I've done to it that a factory reset will resolve.

What we really need to see is what the current plan and where in that plan is the current process within Humax. I'm talking about the investigation into each problem, the findings of possible causes and isolating the actual cause, producing the fix to the code, system testing, user testing of the solution and roll out of the firmware update and which bug fixes will be in that update and which will be in the next - and when that will be too.

It currently seems like there is no such plan whatsoever for any of these many bugs.

| Sun 1 May 2022 11:16:42 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I've done a reset as I thought I will never know if it works or not unless I try it. Will see what happens tonight.

| Sun 1 May 2022 13:06:18 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Harters - 1 min ago  » 
    I've done a reset as I thought I will never know if it works or not unless I try it. Will see what happens tonight.

Same here. Was a bit of hassle trying to set it up again, but all done now.

The more people that do this, and then assuming if the restart still happen, we need to feedback to Humax Customer support and see what they suggest next.

| Sun 1 May 2022 13:11:42 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.