My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Random shutdown and reboot

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zebs

I've had random reboots with BBC iPlayer.
    Contacted support and reset the box. Has still rebooted, but maybe not as much.

Not holding my breath for any updates.

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 12:07:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Humax could save money re support staff. They just play a recorded message instructing you to do a reset anytime that a customer phones. It seems that’s all they do anyway.

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 15:34:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

boogersa - 1 hour ago  » 
    Humax could save money re support staff. They just play a recorded message instructing you to do a reset anytime that a customer phones. It seems that’s all they do anyway.

So true, ever watch the IT crowd?

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 16:36:33 #13 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

My Aura rebooted itself last night while chasing Pointless. Needless to say, the recording then failed and I had to catchup on iPlayer. I powered down the box for 10 minutes and OK atm. With other people reporting similar reboots, I wonder whether this is a failing power supply issue. It wouldn't be the first time that poor quality wall warts fail prematurely.

| Tue 26 Apr 2022 16:43:54 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

We had a failure last night at 21:55 while watching "The Split" on BBCHD, while it was recording the program at the same time.

We've had it a few times where it has crashed around 5 to 10 minutes before end of program finished.

It tends to be late evening when it crashes. This could align to the box running for a few hours, so may be over heating or something like that?

| Tue 26 Apr 2022 17:12:56 #15 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I've also noticed other 'behaviours' which didn't use to happen. After pausing a recording for a few seconds, upon resuming it will jump back a couple of minutes. Sometimes, after resuming, the picture will freeze and not restart unless the playbck is stopped, after which it often goes back to the start of the programme.

Another new one is that, upon bringing the Aura out of deep standby (whilst recording), it reboots my Sony TV. So clearly something is starting to happen to these boxes after about 6 month's use - worrying...

| Wed 27 Apr 2022 12:40:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

I also am having system resets probobly about two per week. This started about three weeks ago no particular program is being watched.

| Thu 28 Apr 2022 7:39:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Same, mine started to reboot randomly. So far it's sporadic and infrequently, thankfully.

I reached out to Humax's sole support person, Colin this week. I asked when / if they plan to fix the Live TV / Recorded TV skipping issue; They promised a fix would be forthcoming back in September, yet here we are all experiencing the same problems. So far silence. Pretty poor service from Humax. I fear this is a sinking ship.

| Thu 28 Apr 2022 19:29:11 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Both my boxes are now randomly rebooting regularly now but no point in contacting Humax as both are over 12 months old and Humax customer service is non existent.

| Fri 29 Apr 2022 10:06:41 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Keeps happening to me too.

| Fri 29 Apr 2022 16:09:46 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.