My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Now TV cast

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Hi all new problem for some reason I can no longer cast from now tv android app. When click on cast on android now tv app it connects to aura, tv picture pops up as nowtv ready to cast but then I get an error 2100 on phone. Spoke to now tv support, that was really unhelpful they said it must be my WiFi signal even though every other app will cast fine . I have reinstalled now tv app, uninstalled chromecast updates on aura then installed them again and tried reset on aura. Anyone had this error and any idea how to fix it. Thanks

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 20:57:13 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

I do not have a Now TV subscription at the moment, but I have just checked that I can cast Sky Sports News to the Aura and that works fine although I do not have the standard Aura firmware at the moment. I would try restarting the Aura and your mobile.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 21:52:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Quick update it is now working turned out to be the sound setting in now tv app. If I set it to 5.1 it will not cast. Set it to stereo casts fine. Annoying as I pay for the boost which gives you full HD and 5.1 sound. Thanks for help.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 22:31:12 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I cannot really test this as I only use a stereo amp, but if I set audio to 5.1 in the Now TV app then casting to the Aura works fine.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 22:44:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Mars - 7 mins ago  » 
    I cannot really test this as I only use a stereo amp, but if I set audio to 5.1 in the Now TV app then casting to the Aura works fine.

That is good to know. If I watch now tv with it set to stereo works fine, second change to 5.1 it stops and I get an error. Guess it must be a problem with my setup as yours work fine. Will have a fiddle with audio settings tomorrow. Thanks though you have been very helpful. Cheers

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 22:55:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HobbyAV

Ant71 - 1 day ago  » 

Mars - 7 mins ago  » 

That is good to know. If I watch now tv with it set to stereo works fine, second change to 5.1 it stops and I get an error. Guess it must be a problem with my setup as yours work fine. Will have a fiddle with audio settings tomorrow. Thanks though you have been very helpful. Cheers

I get the same as you, using Boost with Cinema pass and my Pixel 4a 5G if i select cast 5.1 sound in the Now app the Now app tries to cast to the Aura but can't. When i select stereo in the Now app then it casts to the Aura no problem. So clearly the Now app casts in stereo sound to the Aura no problem but can't cast with 5.1 sound to the Aura. According to the supported devices for Boost the Aura doesn't show as supported on Now's website.

| Fri 23 Jul 2021 21:16:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ash21

Hi all
    I think this might be an issue with the Aura itself rather than the Now service itself. When casting Now content to the Aura I'm getting exactly what the people in this thread have described content with stereo audio works, but content with 5.1 audio fails to cast.

I have tried to cast content from all of the main services including Google play movies and TV to the Aura and none of the services appear to support 5.1 audio when casting to the Aura. if there was going to be any service that would support it would be that one (Google play movies and TV) wouldn't it. So I think there is some sort of software limitation/issue on the Aura, which is preventing 5.1 audio support when casting. Either that or services are deliberately limiting what is supported when casting, but in the case Google. I find this to be politically unlikely as Google has pushed both chromecast and chromecast built-in pretty hard, so I doubt they would want to limit what can be achieved through casting on devices that support the functionality

To be honest casting on the Aura is a bit of an oddity. As with Disney plus you can get 4K HDR when casting, but no 5.1 audio when casting. And Amazon appears to be 4K, but with no HDR or 5.1 audio . I know from reading various threads on this forum that the Aura can be a bit funny when it comes to HDR support. But no 5.1 audio when casting appears to be universal on the Aura. What ever service you try to use

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 21:01:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

HobbyAV

Which then makes it even more so that we get native Now and Netflix apps on the Aura.

| Mon 26 Jul 2021 20:21:52 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.