My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Odd iplayer issue on FVP4000

(19 posts)
  1. pleasedtoview

pleasedtoview

Barry

Thanks for your interest. Do you really think the Hub 3 could be the issue? I have no problem with Netflix or any other catch-up, including normal iPlayer, only on the live shows. Unfortunately my Hub 2 has gone to heaven.

I do have a PS3 connected to same hub so I will see if same problem occurs and report. Also have a Virgin Tivo but iPlayer or on-demand never worked properly on that anyway hence the purchase of the Humax!

Update: Just found PS3 doesn't appear to have a "from start" option for live progs on the iPlayer app.

| Thu 30 Mar 2017 17:43:11 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just an Idea I put out, hopefully other members might have suggestions.

Testing same with PS3 is a good idea, please report findings.

In the meantime I'll try and replicate with a few more programmes.

| Thu 30 Mar 2017 18:03:20 #12 |
  3. pleasedtoview

pleasedtoview

As mentioned unable to test same on PS3 as option to watch live programme from the start is not available.

| Fri 31 Mar 2017 10:38:35 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Have you reported this problem directly to the BBC, pleasedtoview?
    If not, I would suggest doing so -
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 23:05:26 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As promised I have continued testing using same units as before and so far no issue.

The last test was MoTD last night, starting 45mins after live broadcast started.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 8:54:04 #15 |
  6. pleasedtoview

pleasedtoview

I must admit I have tried over the last couple of days too and had no issue again. However in the week before I posted it occurred on three separate programmes. Likewise the couple of weeks previous.
    Bit of a mystery but I wonder if something has been fixed somewhere in the meantime?
    I will continue to monitor and will report on here (and to BBC) if it ever re-occurs.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 9:45:26 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks for the update.

Do let us know if you have further issues, no problem for me to try and replicate.

| Sun 2 Apr 2017 10:06:06 #17 |
  8. pleasedtoview

pleasedtoview

Hi All

After a week or so of not needing to use the iPlayer "from the start" function I found myself doing so having failed to set a recording for Department Q on BBC4 last night.

At about 1hr20 through (and a very inopportune moment) the programme suddenly changed to some men messing about in tanks. Presumably the previous programme!

The timeline display showed no progress, and no control other than exit would get me out of the situation.

So the problem is still there, and only my box appears to do it. Do I have a faulty one?

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 12:57:57 #18 |
  9. pleasedtoview

pleasedtoview

Update-response from BBC:

I’m sorry to read of your issues watching live programmes from the beginning on your Humax FVP-4000T.

I’m afraid that your device is not certified for use with BBC iPlayer we cannot offer support.

| Thu 20 Apr 2017 18:26:30 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.