MrFraggle

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a 'Pass Through?'

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 16:11:16 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is a 'Pass Through?'

Passing the aerial feed through the box to the TV. Requires low power sby to be off to power the small rf amplifier.

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 16:17:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

sby = standby?

And passive splitter what is that can you link to one please?

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 16:24:01 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Okay I have one of those somewhere but cannot see why I would need it, or where I would fit it?

Currently the HDR 1800T is connected to the Samsung TV and that is the one that freezes. Turned on the TV this morning and until I switched the PVR off and on again I was stuck on some image from one channel.

The HDR 200T is connected to a Hisense LTDN40K321UWTS and this is the one that can drop sound.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 9:34:14 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Okay I have one of those somewhere but cannot see why I would need it, or where I would fit it?
    Currently the HDR 1800T is connected to the Samsung TV and that is the one that freezes. Turned on the TV this morning and until I switched the PVR off and on again I was stuck on some image from one channel.
    The HDR 200T is connected to a Hisense LTDN40K321UWTS and this is the one that can drop sound.

Remove the aerial feed to the PVR, connect it to the splitter. Remove the TV feed from the PVR and connect to one output of the splitter. Using another coax patch lead connect the other output of the spitter to the pvr aerial in.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 9:54:30 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Can you explain why connecting the PVR to the TV is better this way than the normal connection? Thanks.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 10:25:49 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

MrFraggle - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Can you explain why connecting the PVR to the TV is better this way than the normal connection? Thanks.

The 1800T/2000T series were initially manufactured without pass-thru. No one knows why i.e. whether it was a simple error or whether they were trying to save a few pennies. Anyhow, following lots of complaints Humax come up with a retro-fit software solution/workaround in order to facilitate pass-thru.

I along with others don’t believe it has ever been a perfect solution i.e. it works fine with some setups but can cause problems with others, hence the suggestion of using a splitter.

By using a passive splitter your TV will get an unadulterated signal direct from the aerial, ditto the Humax. When the HDMI handshake takes place this then shouldn’t interfere with the rest of your setup.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 11:20:10 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Thanks for that interesting bit of info.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 11:21:16 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrFraggle - 1 hour ago  » 

When the box wakes to make a recording, it disconnects the aerial loopthrough for a short period. If you happen to be watching TV you lose your programme for a short period. Additionally you can save a bit of money by reducing the power consumption of the box when in sby by turning on low power standby. The amplifier used to provide loop through consumes some power. I don't have either box but it may be the fix used to provide the loop through consumes more power than the older HDR-FOX-T2.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 11:36:58 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.