My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Olympic Channel Recordings

(149 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As expected, recording live content is no different, still the same message.

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 15:54:21 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yep same here

Disappointing that with over 24 hours notice freesat and the beeb could not sort this out. Give C4 a call they might put you right

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 15:55:50 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bellringer65

Disappointing that with over 24 hours notice freesat and the beeb could not sort this out. Give C4 a call they might put you right

Unfortunately it is nothing to do with the Beeb - it is between FreeSat, Sky and the coder manufacturers to sort the problem. FreeSat became aware two days ago and told Beeb distribution one day ago!

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 20:43:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

scoobie

I've just got two 1TB humax boxes to record the olympics whilst I am at the games from tomorrow. Can I have some advice please?

I want to be able to:
    set the boxes to recorrd a whole channel (one for BBC one HD, another for BBC HD), approx twelve hours a day
    - is it best to do an hour at a time due to file sizes do you think?
    transfer the recordings off the boxes at the end
    - presumably this means recording in non freesat mode does it? Without the EPG.

Would there be any advantage putting a custom rom on the box to do this?
    thanks

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 10:49:07 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Slightly modified version of a response to the same post on another forum

You can't set timers to record non-freesat mode so only way to get unencrypted HD is to make manual recordings. You can transfer encrypted to usb but only play them back on the box that recorded them. Currently you can't record the 24 HD streams on a Foxsat.

Choice of recording times is largely down to the USB device file system you are using on the USB device.

FAT32 max file size is 4GB say 30-45 minutes for safeties sake on a HD channel.

EXT3 shouldn't be a problem.

There's only 1 custom firmware for the Foxsat that I know of.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/frees...-part-2-a.html

In your case it would let you add the SD Olympic streams to the epg and timer record them in the usual way from the epg.

Although you can add non-freesat channels to freesat mode and set manual timers, HD channels recorded this way retain the encryption.

There is also a way of editing/adding timers over the internet of that's any use in your circumstances.

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 12:49:50 #15 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Anyone tried recording one of the new HD streams ? I get the can't make recordings of less than 30 seconds, similar to the problem with the CH4-HD test transmissions.

I have just tried to make a recording and although it claims to be recording, nothing shows up as being recorded !!!!

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 16:15:33 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 16 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Anyone tried recording one of the new HD streams ? I get the can't make recordings of less than 30 seconds, similar to the problem with the CH4-HD test transmissions.

I have just tried to make a recording and although it claims to be recording, nothing shows up as being recorded !!!!

First post in this thread.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/olympic-channel-recordings/page/3?quote=8048#postform

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 16:32:49 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Breaking news for you:

Humax are working on a fix and might be some news soon

More as I get it

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 10:47:52 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Breaking news for you:
    Humax are working on a fix and might be some news soon
    More as I get it

There may be a Father Christmas after all

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 11:21:49 #19 |
  10. bob_dvb

bob_dvb

Humax

Just to provide some detail:
    - The problem exists because in the way that the stream is being encoded the box cannot build the required PVR indexing correctly. This causes it to get confused and believe the recording is zero in time. Other devices use other indexing mechanisms. The problem is now understood.
    - As soon as we became aware that the issue could not be resolved at the broadcast end, engineering resource (in the UK) which was already monitoring the situation was quickly dedicated to producing a fix.
    - Releasing software too quickly is a risk to the consumers, we could easily accidentally break something else in the process.
    - When a fix is available a beta version *may* be released before we have finished our internal quality sign-off, this would have to be sanity checked first by us and freesat, and the aim of this would be to give you the choice of risk vs function.

I hope for there to be more information later today but I am not going to pre-empt any of that until we have everything aligned.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 11:24:29 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.