My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

On demand

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris Wise

From our humax 1100s I can see and use iPlayer, Demand5 and ITV Hub but not Channel 4 is there a reason for this, and how can I get it.

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 12:34:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Channel 4 HD and All 4 left Freesat on 22/2/2018 over a dispute about increased epg fees. You can get all-4 on many devices including a PC. A chromecast connected to a TV can then be used to view it.

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 13:34:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Channel 4 HD and All 4 left Freesat on 22/2/2018 over a dispute about increased epg fees. You can get all-4 on many devices including a PC. A chromecast connected to a TV can then be used to view it.

RE: Chromecast - or use the app from any Android iOS device.

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 13:39:17 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Doesn't that still need a Chromecast dongle plugged into the TV?

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 13:42:53 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Doesn't that still need a Chromecast dongle plugged into the TV?

Yes it does. I used the PC as an example assuming it's likely the OP has one to post here.

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 13:46:41 #5 |
  6. SpiderJon

SpiderJon

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 
    You can get all-4 on many devices including a PC. A chromecast connected to a TV can then be used to view it.

It's worth noting that some things on All4 are, unfortunately, not castable, because of rights restrictions.

To quote from the Channel 4 "Google Cast" FAQ:

"Channel 4 must acquire specific rights for some programmes in order to show these on a particular device, therefore some shows may not be available to cast on Google Chromecast."

http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/can-i-google-cast-all-content/id/504926130

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 22:47:29 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SpiderJon - 10 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 
    You can get all-4 on many devices including a PC. A chromecast connected to a TV can then be used to view it.

It's worth noting that some things on All4 are, unfortunately, not castable, because of rights restrictions.
    To quote from the Channel 4 "Google Cast" FAQ:
    "Channel 4 must acquire specific rights for some programmes in order to show these on a particular device, therefore some shows may not be available to cast on Google Chromecast."
    http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/name/can-i-google-cast-all-content/id/504926130

You can always connect a suitable laptop by HDMI to a TV. Good call - not found any so far but rarely used as all4 is available on FVP.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 9:25:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

You can always connect a suitable laptop by HDMI to a TV. Good call - not found any so far but rarely used as all4 is available on FVP.

I actually tried that on Friday and watched Eurosport (which I have on my laptop) and RTE Player. Pleasantly surprised with the quality picture. As Graham says you need to connect via HDMI. Also please be aware you may have to go into display settings and alter screen viewing to dual devices. Easy to do.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 19:09:26 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.