My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

On Demand not working

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

etmsbons

I have an HB 1100 S top box and the on demand feature has stopped working. It worked yesterday. I have checked all connections, turned off the box and unplugged it. No change. I have had the internet connection checked and its OK. My laptop/ ipad and solar panel connections all work oK.

Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem and how to fix it?

| Fri 1 Jun 2018 23:37:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I have just checked my unit and on demand appears to be working are you still having problems?

| Sat 2 Jun 2018 9:05:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

I was watching Chicago PD on demand this afternoon when the box just went back to the Freesat start logo and when I tried to re enter there was a message that demand was reloading. After ages I turned off the Humax receiver and after ten minutes retried and all ok. Was it a box problem or a transmission update.

| Fri 8 Jun 2018 21:33:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was watching Chicago PD on demand this afternoon when the box just went back to the Freesat start logo and when I tried to re enter there was a message that demand was reloading. After ages I turned off the Humax receiver and after ten minutes retried and all ok. Was it a box problem or a transmission update.

No way of telling other than pure speculation.

Perhaps

A Freesat server issue

or

B A short interruption to your broadband connection.

| Fri 8 Jun 2018 22:59:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Thanks Graham. One little point, we are still getting that one second loss of picture per day. Have never been able to fathom it out. Sound ok and all we get on the blank screen is 1080 settings and HDMI. I always try to set the TV to HDMI when first turning on but it still happens. Only once per day thankfully. Have asked for the engineers to look at the communal aerial and box.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 10:55:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

I'm as sick as a parrot. On demand not working again. No channels shown. Cannot access.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 16:34:56 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Could be an issue connected with renewal of DHCP lease. Try putting unit in standby then rebooting router, wait until Router boot complete before restarting HB-1x0S.

Worth checking if you can allocate a longer DHCP lease on the router.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 18:14:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

For no apparent reason the channels have just appeared. So back to normal until next time I try thanks for your advice which I will take into mind, if it happens again. I have emailed Freesat. So will post their reply. Hopefully.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 18:54:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Countrysinger50

etmsbons - 1 week ago  » 
    I have an HB 1100 S top box and the on demand feature has stopped working. It worked yesterday. I have checked all connections, turned off the box and unplugged it. No change. I have had the internet connection checked and its OK. My laptop/ ipad and solar panel connections all work oK.
    Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem and how to fix it?

I am knew to this forum and my on demand would not resume when I went back to watch a series, I would be interested to find out the problem too

| Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:53:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Just had a reply from Freesat and they state that they were aware of an issue with this service and has now been rectified. Asking for my reply that all is ok. I will be trying later today and will reply. Many thanks Graham and all. Hoping all is well. ( I did actually reboot my router so that is a first )

| Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:58:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.