My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand Picture Settings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jra57

I have just purchased a HDR1100S and I can't seem to get, for example, Bbc iPlayer to use the full screen. The picture is almost square with large black margins left and right. Tried quite a few screen settings but all much the same. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Also find the arrow buttons and the OK button on the remote have a noisy plastic click.

| Mon 12 Oct 2015 20:30:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Most likely down to the aspect ratio settings you have on your TV. I take it you have a widescreen (16:9 TV.

Welcome to our forum

| Mon 12 Oct 2015 20:45:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jra57

Thank you for the welcome and the reply.

My TV has a freesat tuner and has BBC iPlayer but no other on-demand. I have done some more tests and I think it is probably down to the transmission of the particular programme rather than the TV or the box. When trying the programme through The TV iPlayer the side black bands are there on the same programme but not so wide.

Just need to sort out the clunky remote.

My only other comment so far is the slow boot up from standby. Not anywhere near as quick as my Humax Freeview PVR.

| Mon 12 Oct 2015 21:17:35 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

On demand is 16:9 just like the main programmes. There are no black bars on my TV other than when the content is a widescreen movie (bars top and bottom) or 4:3 (bars either side). Your TV should have aspect ratio setting - look for 16:9 or wide setting.

| Tue 13 Oct 2015 8:22:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jra57

The rTV seems to be set up OK and I guess as it was an old programme then that may have been the issue. I will see if it happens again.

Thanks for your further thoughts.

| Tue 13 Oct 2015 18:48:07 #5 |
  6. woodz

woodz

Sometimes you may find a setting on the TV (I found on the sony tv it was the display area function). As I found on demand cut the logo off. trouble is changing between these modes was a faff, so I put up with it in the end.

| Wed 14 Oct 2015 7:57:29 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.