My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On-screen notifications

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

digital

My LG OLED 55B7 TV has recently started to show notifications at regular (and annoying) intervals that would indicate the 1100S was booting up. The notifications come at times when there is no need for it to boot up and I'm not sure it is actually doing so.

Is there a way to stop the notifications?

| Sun 3 Jun 2018 22:47:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

digital - 19 minutes ago  » 
    My LG OLED 55B7 TV has recently started to show notifications at regular (and annoying) intervals that would indicate the 1100S was booting up. The notifications come at times when there is no need for it to boot up and I'm not sure it is actually doing so.
    Is there a way to stop the notifications?

How odd! I have an LG TV and a Freesat box. The only indictation I get when the Humax boots is the HDMI 1 logo pops up on screen. A quick press of the LG remote gets rid of the icon.

| Sun 3 Jun 2018 23:09:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

digital

That looks to be what I'm describing. Except the logo pops up at times when there is no need for the box to be booting up.

| Sun 3 Jun 2018 23:19:12 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is the unit paired with the freesat app? If so that will cause it to boot every 20 minutes or so.

| Mon 4 Jun 2018 5:50:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

digital

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    Is the unit paired with the freesat app? If so that will cause it to boot every 20 minutes or so.

Thanks, it is, yes. I had wondered if it might be that so I deleted the app from my phone. Are you suggesting that I need to remove the pairing on the box?

| Mon 4 Jun 2018 9:21:42 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes - You could have left the app on the phone, which would continue to work as a remote. the essential thing is to unpair the app in settings.

| Mon 4 Jun 2018 10:33:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

digital

REPASSAC - 6 hours ago  » 
    Yes - You could have left the app on the phone, which would continue to work as a remote. the essential thing is to unpair the app in settings.

Thanks. Unpaired now and fixed!

| Mon 4 Jun 2018 17:21:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

k1bb5

I realise this is a solution. I have spoken to LG support and Humax support and neither could really help -I'm not surprised- so I wonder how you find/know this.... It's incredible? I wanted to turn off notifications but not possible. Thank you thank you thank you and I haven't even tested it yet. I just know!!

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 0:51:29 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.