My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

One antenna input stopped working

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smike22

Hi,

My newish HDR110s has two LMB feeds, and both worked, and showed a good signal strength and quality in Settings/Signal.

Line 2 now shows no signal input, and screen says only one line found.

Swapping the cables still shows Line 1good, no line2, so not a signal input problem.

User manual unhelpful, and cannot find any way to instruct the machine to Search for Connections.

Is there a way to get it to do so, or does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Smike

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 17:21:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Make a note of your recording schedule and do a freesat tune. Check again how many connections does the box say it has.

If that doesn't work try a reset to factory defaults.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 17:53:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smike22

Thanks Graham.

I don't have high hopes for a new Freesat tune. (It currently states 'one line only' in Settings/System Info/Signal info, and only gives signal strength and quality indication (both good) for the Line 1 that it can already see. I suspect a new Tune will simply use the line that it Can see, to do a new Channel search.

However, it should not not be too onerous to reinstall twenty six scheduled programs afterwards, as long as I take heed to note them first,as you advised. So will give it a try.

Assuming my gloomy prognosis proves correct, a reset to factory Defaults sounds more promising, as I must surely then look to see what hardware resources it has available, and thus search for 2 input lines. A small chance that I end up with a Humax Brick though.
    More relevantly, if I do a reset, apart from the recording schedule loss, will it loose any of the 150gb of Recorded Programs on the HDD, or will it only undo the few changes that I have made from the default settings?
    If so, I may just carry on using my ancient, and very unreliable Foxsat box, and put up with a single tuner HDR1100s until these programs have been seen and deleted.

Ta again,

Smike

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 17:52:22 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Factory reset will not affect your existing recordings. The latest software checks the number of feeds during a freesat tune.

It will reset any changes you have made to defaults (box volume out for instance).

A bit puzzled as if you originally had two tuners working, it would continue to say connected by two cables even though tuner 2 had failed. Previously there was only two ways to check the the number of cables detected.

1 From the hidden set up menu
    2 Do a reset to defaults

Latest firmware adds a Freesat tune.

Try this go to 972 BBC 1 HD start a instant recording.

Type in 973 - post if you can or can't view this

Now type in 963 - post if you can or can't view this. If you can view this you must have two working tuners but box is in single cable mode. A freesat tune should fix this.

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 18:25:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smike22

Hi Graham,

Many thanks for this further information. It enabled me to understand what was going on a little better.

I started recording 972, then typed 963 - received a message saying 'Cannot change the channel while recording'.
    Then entered 963, and the program being displayed changed to 963 - Hooray.

Then listed existing recording schedule, before retuning as directed. In fact, the instruction to re-rune was three successive screens - 1 found LMB, 2 found both input feed lines, and I didn't need to go on to 3, which would have done the re-scan. The second step had already restored the Boxes recognition of it's feeds. operation now back to normal.

Thanks for resolving this significant issue.

Smike

Smike

| Tue 3 Apr 2018 17:11:09 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Smike22 - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Many thanks for this further information. It enabled me to understand what was going on a little better.
    I started recording 972, then typed 963 - received a message saying 'Cannot change the channel while recording'.
    Then entered 963, and the program being displayed changed to 963 - Hooray.
    Then listed existing recording schedule, before retuning as directed. In fact, the instruction to re-rune was three successive screens - 1 found LMB, 2 found both input feed lines, and I didn't need to go on to 3, which would have done the re-scan. The second step had already restored the Boxes recognition of it's feeds. operation now back to normal.
    Thanks for resolving this significant issue.
    Smike
    Smike

Tuner failures (other than water ingress) are very rare on Humax units.

Still a mystery how it got into single cable mode (tuner 1 to tuner 2 internal link assumed to be in service so tuner 2 has no lnb control),

| Tue 3 Apr 2018 17:44:51 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.