My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Oneforall Remote as replacement

(6 posts)
  1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo

A couple of buttons on my Humax remote RM-I09u are failing to work. I don't feel like taking it apart in case I make it worse.
    As Humax Direct are out of stock for replacements, does anybody know if any of the Oneforall remotes cover ALL the actions of the original remote?

| Tue 23 Jan 2018 15:08:39 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Most of the OFA remotes will program all the main functions on the buttons and any missing functions can be programmed using what they call 'Key Magic' or by learning them onto the remote. (N.B. Not all OFA remotes can learn).

In addition some are programmable from a computer or smartphone eg urc-7955-smart-control.html

| Tue 23 Jan 2018 18:45:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

I bought a generic remote from Amazon, works fine, buttons in different places but all functions seem to be covered. Just do a search for humax rm 109u replacement remote.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 21:43:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

michaelangelo - 1 month ago  » 
    As Humax Direct are out of stock for replacements, does anybody know if any of the Oneforall remotes cover ALL the actions of the original remote?

It shows as being in stock now
    https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/rm-i09u.html

Also showing as in stock is the RM-H06S which instead of also operating the TV has 'Wide' and 'TV/Radio' buttons and is fully compatible with the HDR-2000T.
    https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/rm-h06s.html

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 21:55:55 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

crashcris - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a generic remote from Amazon, works fine, buttons in different places but all functions seem to be covered. Just do a search for humax rm 109u replacement remote.

Be aware that you can't normally change the IR mode on generic replacements. If you are using multiple boxes in the same room then the box the replacement remote is going to control normally has to be mode 1.

Logitech Harmony remotes can change mode for most Humax devices.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 22:03:32 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I prefer the Harmony remotes to OFA. Just got a 650 to replace my failing ancient 555 as a secondary remote to supplement(*) my main Ultimate One but would be very happy if the 650 were my only remote (apart from the limit of it only operating eight devices maximum).

(*) Handy to have it in device mode to tweak my AV amp and powering my source devices on and off manually and also for controlling my BT Youview box which has issues controlling playback of internet channel recordings for which the separate physical skip buttons come in handy.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 23:21:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.