My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Ongoing Freetime issues HB1000S

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JT

Hi all,
    I know there has been one or two posts concerning this, When I connect to Freetime on demand I have buffering and lag problems with stalling and stuttering programs. This happens on the BBC iPlayer but also worse on 4OD. On 4OD programs may start to play OK but then often revert to the start after an Add break or simply stall and not play. My internet connection is with BT and is 6.5MB. if I watch BBC iPlayer and 4OD via my browser on my PC no such issues occur. I have just purchased TVersity screen server (very good) and can now stream internet directly to the HB100s which gives a much more reliable result. I read that Humax have updated the firmware / software to try and improve this but I have the latest updates (as of 5th Jan 15) with no improvement. Any ideas / comments welcome...
    John.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 13:38:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi John

I believe the catchup players are the responsibility of the providers, i.e. BBC is responsible for the iPlayer, C4 is responsible for 4oD, etc. I don't have problems with iPlayer, except at peak times. I try to avoid using 4oD, by recording the pogrammes I want to watch. Personally I think it's their "personalized dynamic ad insertion" that screws up their catchup but that's just my opinion.

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 14:00:18 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.