My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Opening an Aura remote control

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I have had some issues recently with some buttons not working then working again, I suspect my remote may need a clean but I cannot see a way to open it up, I have tried some gentle prising but nothing seems to flex or suggest it might move and there are no screws clips or catches that I can find.Has anyone here ever opened one up?

| Fri 15 Mar 2024 22:55:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Funny tonight I had my first issue with the remote.

I pressed a button I rarely use namely the white Freeview Play button and it felt odd. Turns out it stuck down, managed to get it unstuck enough to get the green light off, but it was still lower than normal. Fiddled a bit more and got it back up to where it belongs.

Tried a few times and it’s definitely not happy. The remote is always kept spotless and never had anything spilt on it, so I can only conclude something has disintegrated underneath.

Will see if any instructions are suggested before I try and take it apart.

| Sat 16 Mar 2024 20:27:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

@Harters As nobody here or on the other Hummy site had responded with an solution I e.mailed Humax earlier and if they come back with an answer I will post it here.

| Sat 16 Mar 2024 21:33:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

trog - 12 hours ago  » 
    @Harters As nobody here or on the other Hummy site had responded with an solution I e.mailed Humax earlier and if they come back with an answer I will post it here.

Great thanks

| Sun 17 Mar 2024 10:13:00 #4 |
  5. Fixdit

Fixdit

I have also had problems with the Freeveiw Button, on close exmination the button appears to have a very thin plastic film covering it. It seems to become detached
    This is causing the sticking, I managed I to remove some of it and restored it's operation.
    If it gets stuck now I hold the top and bottom of the remote and give it a couple of twists, this free's it up.

| Sun 17 Mar 2024 11:25:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

After getting a reply from Humax suggesting I should change the batteries, reset to factory defaults and change to RF setting I again asked for details on opening up the remote as Idad already changed the batteries and to RF, This is their response :(...................................

" If you decide to proceed with opening the remote, we recommend searching for instructional videos on platforms like YouTube. While there may not be an exact guide for the Humax Aura remote, similar videos for other remotes should provide useful insights.

However, please be aware that proceeding in this manner carries some risk, and we cannot guarantee success or the continued functionality of the remote. Please remember that any actions taken are at your own discretion, and we cannot be held responsible for any damages that may occur.

Alternatively, you may consider purchasing a new Aura remote from our website. Unfortunately, it's currently out of stock, but you can keep an eye on the product page for updates: https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/humax-aura-rm-c01-freeview-play-remote.html"

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 13:40:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

A search on YT found this though it did not exactly fill me with confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTgnExr6fzU

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 13:50:07 #7 |
  8. Manclad

Manclad

trog - 17 hours ago  » 
    After getting a reply from Humax suggesting I should change the batteries, reset to factory defaults and change to RF setting I again asked for details on opening up the remote as Idad already changed the batteries and to RF, This is their response :(...................................
    " If you decide to proceed with opening the remote, we recommend searching for instructional videos on platforms like YouTube. While there may not be an exact guide for the Humax Aura remote, similar videos for other remotes should provide useful insights.
    However, please be aware that proceeding in this manner carries some risk, and we cannot guarantee success or the continued functionality of the remote. Please remember that any actions taken are at your own discretion, and we cannot be held responsible for any damages that may occur.
    Alternatively, you may consider purchasing a new Aura remote from our website. Unfortunately, it's currently out of stock, but you can keep an eye on the product page for updates: https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/humax-aura-rm-c01-freeview-play-remote.html"

That really sums Humax up in a nutshell, doesn't it....

Change the batteries, reset the box !!
    No, we don't know how to open our remote control !!
    Buy a new one but, oh, we ain't got none !!!

| Wed 20 Mar 2024 7:22:21 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.