My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

'Opera' technology

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xeroid3

I am a bit mystified as to why no-one on this website seems to have picked up on this week’s announcement that opera technology is to be launched on new Humax boxes this year. http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?class=countries&subclass=0&id=4560

Surely this is an important development? Any comments about it?

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:57:10 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Xeroid3 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I am a bit mystified as to why no-one on this website seems to have picked up on this week’s announcement that opera technology is to be launched on new Humax boxes this year.

1. We already covered it in an obligue way with the news of the updated portal to the T2 series.

2. Other info cannot be released publically at the moment as it is subject to change - do not want to build hopes up only for them to be dashed later.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 13:25:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Thanks. This is quite interesting. I'm assuming then this will get included then as part of a firmware update?

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 19:37:35 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dinkybluebug - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks. This is quite interesting. I'm assuming then this will get included then as part of a firmware update?

Why do you think a firmware update is necessary - it could be or it could be just a web infrastructure update.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 21:35:38 #4 |
  5. x6tus

x6tus

No interest in this at all really, it's easier and quicker to surf on a device like a phone or tablet. My PS3 browser is rubbish and I hardly ever use it. I'd just like a correctly working box with the advertised catchup channels that are still missing.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 23:22:56 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

x6tus - 2 minutes ago  » 
    No interest in this at all really, it's easier and quicker to surf on a device like a phone or tablet. My PS3 browser is rubbish and I hardly ever use it. I'd just like a correctly working box with the advertised catchup channels that are still missing.

Slightly late - expected within a few months is fine with me.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 23:25:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.