My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Output resolution

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MPSc

Hi everyone, newbie here!

I have noticed today that my HDR1100s has droppped it's output resolution to 720x576. It has previously always been 1920x1080. It is connected to the TV via a AV receiver but I have tried connecting direct to the TV and the problem persists. I have looked at the settings and cannot work out how to change it back. I assume I (or someone else) may have innadvertantly hit a setting somewhere but I can't figure out how.

Has anyone else had this problem and did you work out what was going on?

Very grateful for any pointers - thank you!

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 12:20:10 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would try connecting it directly to the TV and then reboot the HDR-1000S before rechecking the settings.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 12:44:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should be able to change the output resolution in

Settings - Picture & Sound - Resolution.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:00:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MPSc

REPASSAC - 29 minutes ago  » 
    I would try connecting it directly to the TV and then reboot the HDR-1000S before rechecking the settings.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I did forget to mention in my original post that I had seen the output setting and it is set to 1080p but I wondered if there was some other setting somewhere that I may have overlooked.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:16:33 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No that is the only setting on the PVR, your TV or AV receiver might have their own. I suspect that they can override the PVR setting by indicating they support a lower resolution.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:24:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MPSc

OK, I have connected the Humax directly to the TV and rebooted it. I switched the power off for a few minutes and then turned it back on.

When the Humax showed the first splash screen, the TV indicated a resolution of 1920x1080 but then once the Humax had fully booted, this dropped to 720x576. The only setting I can find on the TV is the one for picture size but this just sets aspect ratio rather than specific resolutions.

When a Bluray is connected to the TV, the reolution is 1920x1080.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 13:36:20 #6 |
  7. andyfras

andyfras

Make sure the box is set to an HD channel or HD recoding.

I seem to remember that if the TV does not identify itself correctly, the Humax will revert to SD output in order to conform to DRM requirements.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 15:43:34 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MPSc

Hi Everyone, thank you so much for your replies.

I have spent the whole afternoon checking and double checking and for the benefit of anyone else who may have this issue, here is how I solved it:

In the end, I actually eliminated the Humax as the source of the problem. That is, I tried it in another TV and it worked perfectly so I tried a second Humax box in the main setup and the problem reappeared so I knew the problem was elsewhere.

During all this testing, the Bluray player stopped outputting any kind if picture so I turned my attention to the TV. Settings all seemed OK so in desperation I turned all power off to all devices in the setup and left it for 30 minutes or so.

On turning it back on, guess what... it worked!! All I can assume is that by pulling the power, the TV has reset itself. Resolution from the Humax is back to 1920x1080 and the Bluray picture has come back.

That's a few hours of my life I won't get back but hopefully, it'll help someone else if this happens to them.

Thanks again for your comments.

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 16:34:21 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.