My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Overnight activity on HDR-1000S

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeatyGodders

I have just noticed that my recently acquired HDR-1000S keeps activating its network connection overnight at about half-hourly intervals, and at the same time there is a low humming sound, which I assume is the HDD. This lasts about a minute, then the unit goes dormant again. Is this some sort of update activity, or is it because I recently paired it with the Freesat app on my Android tablet?

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 10:11:17 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

PeatyGodders - 32 minutes ago  » 
    I have just noticed that my recently acquired HDR-1000S keeps activating its network connection overnight at about half-hourly intervals, and at the same time there is a low humming sound, which I assume is the HDD. This lasts about a minute, then the unit goes dormant again. Is this some sort of update activity, or is it because I recently paired it with the Freesat app on my Android tablet?

You got it - it is checking with freesat's server for recording commands. The app also functions as a remote if unpaired.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 10:45:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeatyGodders

[quote]Does this mean that I simply need to "unpair" the tablet to stop it - and if so, how do I do so?

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 14:59:39 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have never paired mine but I believe un-pairing needs to done on the Humax. Try home > Settings > freetime ID.

From memory, after this it may check one final time.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 15:18:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeatyGodders

Thanks - I tried that, but all it does is offer me a code to use when pairing. However, it does also mention going to the Freesat website, so I did that and logged in with my ID and - sure enough - there was the option to "unpair". I clicked on this and it appears to have done the job, so hopefully no more unnecessary activity in standby. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 15:29:14 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.