My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Padding on 30 minute programs

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

Does everyone else get this on the 4000T...

I have the PVR set to give 10 minute padding to the end of programs with no padding at the start, I've noticed lately the PVR does not add padding for programs that are only 30 minutes long.

I've had this box a couple of years now but have not noticed it cutting off the end of 30 minutes programs before but the last few months it often does.

May be it never has added padding to 30 minute programs but with all the adverts the BBC put on before the start of anything it has become a problem.

Just to be clear the box does add 10 minutes to anything over an hour long for sure.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:15:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you sure that these are not programmes where you are recording the following one on the same channel as well. It does not record overlaps so would cut off as soon as the next one starts.

I overcome this by alternating adjacent programmes between SD and HD.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 12:25:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

I don’t think its the recording more programs than there are tuners to cope as its quite rare to find more than 2 things worth recording on Freeview HD at the same time.

If no one else gets this then may be one of my tuners is not working as it should as I often record 2 channels but rarely 3 and only HD channels at that.

Any thing thats an hour or more always gets 10 minutes padding at the end but I might try reducing the padding to 5 mintues to see if that works as 10 minutes is a bit of overkill and not really need when there’s no big sports events on.

Thanks for the reply.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 21:01:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Nothing to do with the number of tuners.

If you try to record two consecutive programmes, you cannot have the two at the same time on the same channel, even if you are recording or watching nothing else, even for a few minutes overlap.

If you set two on the same channel at the same time, it will not happen.

I thought it was odd, but others here assured me that it is so,

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 21:24:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KayCS - 27 minutes ago  » 
    I don’t think its the recording more programs than there are tuners to cope as its quite rare to find more than 2 things worth recording on Freeview HD at the same time.
    If no one else gets this then may be one of my tuners is not working as it should as I often record 2 channels but rarely 3 and only HD channels at that.
    Any thing thats an hour or more always gets 10 minutes padding at the end but I might try reducing the padding to 5 mintues to see if that works as 10 minutes is a bit of overkill and not really need when there’s no big sports events on.
    Thanks for the reply.

Because the 5000T has 3 tuners capable of recording up to 4 from up t o to 3 mux and the main PSB channels are on a single mux, there is no need to use padding at all. You can set up to 4 from the HD channels 101, 102, 103 104 and 105 all at the same time. The only exception is if you have COM 7 and COM8. Record up to 4 from the above. If you want to record from other channels then post what they are, Without knowing this no way to know if you are using more tuners than you have. It all depends on the Freeview Mux you are trying to record. Stick to t he HD mux you are unlikely
    to get any issues.

If you want more simply set the 5th from the the SD channel, Ditch the padding it's causing your problems, The 5000T UI might be slow for the main HD channels it's the most capable box there is,

Despite a load of recordings from PSB1 (over 600) not had any issues other than broadcasts never made. Think your issues are down to not trusting the box and using padding for the few channels that do not implement accurate recordings. . Set start time and end time to auto and post any failed recordings details in future,

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 21:52:01 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

KayCS - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply.

Because the 5000T has 3 tuners capable of recording up to 4 from up t o to 3 mux and the main PSB channels are on a single mux, there is no need to use padding at all. You can set up to 4 from the HD channels 101, 102, 103 104 and 105 all at the same time. The only exception is if you have COM 7 and COM8. Record up to 4 from the above. If you want to record from other channels then post what they are, Without knowing this no way to know if you are using more tuners than you have. It all depends on the Freeview Mux you are trying to record. Stick to t he HD mux you are unlikely
    to get any issues.
    If you want more simply set the 5th from the the SD channel, Ditch the padding it's causing your problems, The 5000T UI might be slow for the main HD channels it's the most capable box there is,
    Despite a load of recordings from PSB1 (over 600) not had any issues other than broadcasts never made. Think your issues are down to not trusting the box and using padding for the few channels that do not implement accurate recordings. . Set start time and end time to auto and post any failed recordings details in future,

The most likely explananation is the broacaster failing to provide suitable Content Reference CRID codes Which the BBC sadly often get wrong for short News content). Doubt it's a issue with your box.

This box has the capability to display these codes but only before the actual event.

The programme scheduled event option in recordings should identify any problem with future series recordings you have set. If reported before they happen forum mmember may be able to spot the problem.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 23:10:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

Hi GT

I’ve turned the padding off and put the box on auto to see how goes.

Thanks

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 20:01:26 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.