My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Password Not Recognised!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawlaw

Hi all,
    we have just purchased the HDR 1010S. Have connected it all up properly and have a good picture etc, however, when it comes to entering the WIFI passcode, the Humax is not accepting it. We hear the password maybe too long so we changed it to a shorter one with 4 letters and 3 numbers, no spaces, all lower case, the signal strength seems to be fine, but the device seems to not allow our secured network (BT Homehub 2)
    at my wits end, as have telephoned Humax, they say its a problem with the router, and BT say they dont understand it either. Am i to wrap it back up and send it packing, or is there a solution?

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 13:21:45 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

You could try and change the encryption type on the router. WPA/WEP etc...

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 13:33:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

I have a feeling that the minimum length for a WPA or WPA2 password is 8 characters.

Worth a try.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 14:30:22 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

As others have said, try changing the encryption via Homehub manager.
    If you have no joy with WiFi the other option is if your able to is to connect via Ethernet instead.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 14:37:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawlaw

Thanks all,
    my wpa 2 password is 8 digits no spaces, apparantly the wep encryption code is an older version of the wpa2 ,so no point in changing to wep. but yes the ethernet cable works,which is joyous despite trailing lead through kitchen and sitting room. May persevere with the wireless option but good to know they are at least compatible ! as per usual, Neither Humax or BT wants to admit responsibility for the issue, therefore it is definitely our problem, and to top it off' BT expert' want £30 to give me phone advice.... mmm...

| Thu 12 Dec 2013 10:00:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Sorry you've not managed to get the wifi issue sorted.

When I had problems connecting a smart tv via wifi (due to distance/walls/etc). I resorted to using homeplug adapters, which work great for me.
    If you have to go down the same route, I can recommend these...
    TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter.

| Thu 12 Dec 2013 12:14:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.