My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Pause Does Not Pause

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doctor Jon

When watching the play back of a recorded programme on my Humax PVR 9300T, if I press pause in order to do something, when I return to carry on watching it does not play from the paused point, but jumps on to a later point in the programme. Any ideas on why?

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 15:49:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doctor Jon - 1 hour ago  » 
    When watching the play back of a recorded programme on my Humax PVR 9300T, if I press pause in order to do something, when I return to carry on watching it does not play from the paused point, but jumps on to a later point in the programme. Any ideas on why?

Hi welcome to our forum. Does pause work on live content ?

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 16:53:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doctor Jon

Graham. Thank you. It does not pause properly when playing in live. I press pause, but when I come back to the live programme it has leapt forward, rather than from continuing from where I paused.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 20:52:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The symptoms appear to be a hard disk corruption issue on the area of the disk used for the time shift buffer file. It may be possible to save your recordings by removing the disk and connecting it to a PC (Never had a 9300T but there is software that can save your recordings and replace later).

You could watch any recordings you want to watch (or copy to usb) and then elect to re-format the hard disk.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 21:03:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doctor Jon - 1 hour ago  » 
    It does not pause properly when playing in live. I press pause, but when I come back to the live programme it has leapt forward, rather than from continuing from where I paused.

The buffer used for doing this has become corrupt. You can either format as Graham has suggested or connect the hard drive from the 9300 to a PC and use humaxrw with the -D command line option to delete the buffer which will be recreated when the hard drive is back in the Humax.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 22:08:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doctor Jon

Thank you.

Is there a way to re-format the hard drive without removing it from the machine?

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 15:21:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doctor Jon - 7 minutes ago  » 

Is there a way to re-format the hard drive without removing it from the machine?

Yes. The HDD Control menu item in the record menu. Formatting will of course delete all recordings.

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 15:30:27 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.